Community Resources and Development
Community Resources and Development (CRD) funds housing rehabilitation and home weatherization programs which embrace the Green and Healthy Homes Initiative (GHHI) concept.
In 2013 CRD was awarded a HUD Lead Hazard Control Grant. Through this funding agencies can help to Prevent Lead Based Paint Poisoning in housed owned by low income households.
Through funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, CRD also funds other agencies that provide homeownership assistance, emergency shelter and affordable rental housing. (See links to the right).
Housing Rental Assistance
Although Salt Lake County does not provide any direct services regarding housing assistance, CRD does help to fund agencies that do. Individuals and families with low-income can contact these agencies for support in finding immediate and permenant housing.
- Learn about accessing rental assistance for permenant housing in Salt Lake County.
- Find immediate assistance for those at risk of becoming homeless.
- Help for individuals and families that are currently homeless.
Federal Fair Housing Regulations prohibit housing discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, or disability. For more information on fair housing or to file a complaint, click on Utah Fair Housing or HUD Fair Housing.
- Learn more about Salt Lake County fair housing practices.
- CRD's Fair Housing Equal Opportunity Effective Communication Policy