Put Your Best Fork Forward, Be Active!
Posted by Healthy Living
March 24, 2017
0 Comments | Leave a comment
Share on Facebook Tweet This Google Plus Stumble Upon Reddit Email this
10 minute increments of physical activity offers the same health benefits as being physically active for longer periods of time, making it easier to fit activities that you enjoy into your daily routines.
Here are some ideas to try:
- Get the whole family involved — enjoy an afternoon bike ride with your
- Walk up and down the soccer or softball field sidelines while watching
the kids play.
- Walk the dog — don't just watch the dog walk.
- Clean the house or wash the car.
- Do stretches, exercises, or pedal a stationary bike while watching
- Mow the lawn with a push mower.
- Plant and care for a vegetable or flower garden.
- Play with the kids — tumble in the leaves, build a snowman, splash in a
puddle, or dance to favorite music.
- Get off the bus or subway one stop early and walk or skate the rest of
- Replace a coffee break with a brisk 10-minute walk. Ask a friend to go
- Take part in an exercise program at work or a nearby gym.
- Join the office softball team or walking group.
- Swim or do water aerobics.
- Take a class in martial arts, dance, or yoga.
- Golf (pull cart or carry clubs).
- Play racquetball, tennis, or squash.
- Ski cross-country or downhill.
- Play basketball, softball, or soccer.
- Hand cycle or play wheelchair sports.
- Take a nature walk.
What do you like to do to stay physically active? Tells us in the comment section below and be entered in to a prize drawing!
For more information, visit ChooseMyPlate.gov.