Human Resources2001 South State Street N4-700PO Box 144575Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4575385 468-0570
Salt Lake County plans are subject to IRS regulations. Because of this, you need an IRS Qualifying Event to make changes to your plan outside Open Enrollment.
You have 30 days, including the date of the event, to make the change in PeopleSoft and send your information to the Benefits Team. Documents should be sent to the benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 385-468-0573. The original not necessary.
After the change has been approved by HR, log into PeopleSoftto make the change online. Please review these instructions.
Changes to your Savings Plan Options must be made through theUtah Retirement Systems website
Once the change is made through URS, the County receives information and will make changes to your paycheck, which may take up to three weeks.
Changes to your life insurance or life insurance beneficiary should be made directly through PEHP at www.pehp.org.
It may take up to three weeks for you to see the premium or coverage change on your paycheck, and PEHP keeps your beneficiary information on file.
The quickest and easiest way to resolve issues is to contact the benefit administrator directly. If you still have questions or issues, please get in touch with the Benefits Team.
PEHP - 801-366-7555Regence - 866-240-9580SelectHealth - 801-442-5038EMI Health - 801-262-7476
Your HSA is a self-managed account, and you're responsible to monitor contributions and confirm you have not contributed over the IRS maximum.
Optum will become the HSA administrator beginning April 1, 2017.
HealthEquity will be the administrator for HSA's until March 31. If you elected to close your HealthEquity account during Open Enrollment, County will pay the closure fee and transfer your funds to Optum between May 5 and 14th.
You may make changes to your H S A election any time by contacting the Benefits Team at email@example.com or 385-468-0580. Please include your EIN and the amount you would like taken out of each check.
IRS Form 1095-C contains information you may need for line 61 of your tax return, however it is not needed to file your taxes. You have the option of receiving a paper or electronic copy.
Opt-in for an electronic copy by:
in to PeopleSoft (HCM)
Menu > Self Service > Benefits >
the box indicating your consent to receive electronic forms and click Submit.
You will be asked to enter your password again, to verify your identity.
IRS Form 1095-C Q&A
Flex Spending programs are regulated by the IRS, and the plan is administered according to IRS regulations in section 125 of the tax code (Can't sleep? Click here). Please remember, using your FSA Benefits card provides access to your funds, and does not mean your claim was qualified or has been processed. In many cases, you will be asked to provide proof of your expense to AxisPlus. Here are a few pointers to make using the card easier:
1. Make sure your provider charges the correct amount. AxisPlus cannot auto-approve an amount that isn't consistent with County benefit plan. For example, if you have a Dr. visit and don't pay your copay, but pay two copay's at your next visit, you'll need to send in an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) or itemized bill to prove that charge.
2. You must always send in an EOB or itemized bill for dental procedures. Make sure when you send in your proof of charge that you send the information AxisPlus needs. Sometimes the charges are on one side of the bill and the procedure on another. They are looking for
3. Submitting an EOB with your claim form is the easiest way to substantiate your charges. You can find EOB's by logging into your account through
4. If AxisPlus notifies you that you need to send in proof for a charge, do so immediately. You can fax, email or mail a copy of your EOB or itemized bill. AxisPlus will give you up to 42 days to provide documentation, but after that your card may be suspended until documentation is received. Visit MyAxisPlus for details.
5. If you leave the County (retirement or termination), access to your Flex funds terminates on your last day at the County. You have 30 days to submit receipts for charges prior to your termination date and don't have access to your funds unless you elect COBRA coverage. If your receipt isn't received within 30 days, funds are ineligible for reimbursement.
You can invest your Optum HSA funds after your account balance reaches $2,000. Optum offers
Your Optum account will be available on April 1, so you can login and review your options. Your HSA fund balance at HealthEquity will be transferred to Optum in early May if you elected to close your account prior to March 3 in Peoplesoft.
HealthEquity will manage your HSA through March 31, 2017
Review Investing Your H S A as well as the H S A Investment Guide to review your investing options, maximize your H S A funds, and plan for your future.
Log into your HealthEquity account to research and review your options. You can reach HealthEquity at 877-694-3942.
When you login to PeopleSoft to make your Open Enrollment elections, you'll have the option to close your HealthEquity HSA and transfer your funds to Optum. You're not required to close your account, but it might be in your better interest to do so. Keeping more than one Health Savings Account open could be a hassle for you to to keep track of, you'll get more than one 1099 at the end of the year, and County personnel can't help you with your HealthEquity account after May 31, 2017. In addition, you may have administrative fees for HealthEquity that you'll be responsible to pay.
If you elect to close your HealthEquity HSA and transfer your funds to Optum before March 3, County will pay the account closing fee and take care of the transfer for you.
Direct Deposit for FSA reimbursements and Dependent Daycare is a quick and easy way to automatically get your funds once your claim has been approved.
You can submit your annual Dependent Daycare costs to Axis, so you only have to do it once a year.
Submit this form to AxisPlus
Optum will take over as County's HSA provider effective April 1. If you're using the bill pay option with HealthEquity, you'll need to set that up with your Optum account after April 1 to continue payments. Your prior claims won't transfer from HealthEquity to Optum, so you may want to save some of that information in your own files.
HealthEquity gives you access to your account for 6 years, but the record keeping is up to you.