December 6, 2016 - March 15, 2017
3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
Based on age or grade as of September 12, 2017
Days and Times:
7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
We offer an off-track program. The off-track program travels to Brighton Resort for all skill levels of skiing or boarding for youth 3rd through 6th grade. Includes transportation from the Marv Jenson Recreation Center, professional instruction, and a hot lunch. (Equipment is not included)
This program is supervised by a Salt Lake County staff member on the bus. Children are not left without supervision from either a staff person or instructor during the program. Children MUST stay with their class/supervisor during the entire program.
Our number one priority in this program is the safety of the child.
For boys & girls in 3rd-6th grade in year-round elementary schools. Snowboarders must be at least 8 years old!
Buses to Brighton Resort leaves from and returns to Marv Jenson Rec Center west lot.
Tuesday and Wednesday each week from 7:30 AM-5:00 PM
- B Track: December 6, 7, 13, 14. Registration deadline: December 2 at 8:00 AM
- A Track: January 3, 4, 10, 11. Registration deadline: December 30 at 8:00 AM
- D Track: January 24, 25, 31, Feb 1. Registration deadline: January 20 at 8:00 AM
- C Track: February 14, 15, 21, 22. Registration deadline: February 10 at 8:00 AM
- B Track: March 7, 8, 14, 15. Registration deadline: March 3 at 8:00 AM
- Red: Never skied before
- Yellow: Can make slight turns on beginner slope
- Green: Can link turns on easy runs
- Blue 1: Can make mostly parallel turns on all Blue runs
- Blue 2: Enjoy easier Black runs and can ski off a tram
- Black 1: Can make carved, short turns on black runs and look for off-trail conditions
- Black 2: Can ski on and off trail conditions, steep and narrow terrains with skill and confidence
- Red: Never snowboarded before
- Yellow: Can hill slide, stop and is working on turns
- Green: Can link turns on green and easy Blue runs
- Blue 1: Can link turns and do all Blue runs comfortably
- Blue 2: Enjoy easier Black runs and can ride off a tram
- Black 1: Can link turns on Black runs and look for off-trail conditions and may do jumps and tricks
- Black 2: Can ride on and off trail conditions, steep and narrow terrains with skill and confidence. Can confidently enjoy freestyle moves.
Payment Plan: You may register at any time for an upcoming track and make partial payments in advance. A $50.00 deposit is required. Entire fee must be paid in full by the Friday before the start of the program.
2 weeks (4 days) of transportation, lift ticket, lessons, lunch, and supervisor. Equipment rentals are not included (Click More Information at top right for equipment rental options).
Registration open from 11/16/2016 to 3/3/2017