Find an Activity
Find a Location
2100 South 1330 East, Salt Lake City |
New equipment, surfacing, benches, and sidewalk for the Parleys Creek Playground are coming soon. Construction begins the week of February 26 with anticipated completion in May 2018.
Please use the east playground near the basketball courts during construction.
Since the park’s formation in the 1950s, Sugar House Park has been the crown jewel of the historic Sugar House area of Salt Lake City. The 110.5 acre park features several reservable pavilions, multiple playgrounds, baseball fields, volleyball nets, and basketball courts. Sugar House Park is also home to a large pond, Parley's Creek, and a 1.38 mile road that consists of a 16 foot inside lane that is frequented by bicyclists and runners. The park is a popular destination in the winter with its large sledding hills and features a Fourth of July firework show each summer.
The former site of Utah's first state prison, Salt Lake City and Salt Lake County jointly acquired the land from the State of Utah in the 1950s following the prison move to the Point of the Mountain. In 1957 the park was established and the city and county proceeded to deed the property, in trust, to the Sugar House Park Authority and continue to maintain partnership to provide park maintenance.