Public Works - Planning and Development
Emigration General Plan
Emigration Canyon Township General Plan Update
Reports and applications are presented in Adobe Acrobat Format.
- Salt Lake County Planning and Development Services staff will draft a general plan for Emigration Canyon Township.
- The draft plan will be based on input received through workshops, community meetings, and best practices research. It will continue to be influenced by public input as work progresses on the plan.
- The plan will be divided into three sections, which will cover: community values and goals, best practices, and programs & projects.
- Opportunities for community input in a public forum will include open houses, a town hall meeting, and planning commission hearings.
- Meeting dates and times will be posted on this web page and updated periodically as they are scheduled.
2011-12 Emigration Canyon General Plan
Emigration General Plan – May 2012 (9.7 mb pdf)
1999 Emigration Canyon General Plan
Community Profile, Facts and Resources
Section I - Introduction
Section II - Goals and Policies
- Community Vision(49k pdf)
- Environmental Quality and Preservation(299k pdf)
- Transportation(259k pdf)
- Open Space and Recreation(372k pdf)
- Natural Hazards(76k pdf)
- Land Use Policies(185k pdf)
- Foothill and Canyon Overlay Zone Summary(100k pdf)
- Site Development and Design Standards Summary(83k pdf)
Section III - Implementation Measures
- Implementation(168k pdf)
Section IV - Appendix
- Appendix A - Amending the General Plan(38k pdf)
- Appendix B - Trails Identification(44k pdf)
- Appendix C- Soil Data Table(78k pdf)
- Property Ownership(616k pdf)
- Wildlife Habitat(419k pdf)
- Trails Access Plan(588k pdf)
- Bedrock Characteristics(691k pdf)
- General Slope Analysis(876k pdf)
- Soil Constraints(622k pdf)
- Existing Zoning
- Ridgeline Protection Areas(811k pdf)