Salt Lake County Find It
xx banner image

Public Works - Planning and Development

Zoning and Land Use How To / Forms

**A pre-application meeting is required before a planning application will be accepted. Please contact our planning staff at 385-468-6700 or by visiting our office at 2001 South State Street #N3600. **

Generic Land Use and Development Applications:

The following are the types of applications which are used for development within Salt Lake County (un-incorporated), followed by the relevant section of the ordinance. Please select the application type that most closely matches your development proposal. If you need help with this form please contact our office.

Having problems viewing these PDF files? Try downloading first.
Right click the link and download the file by selecting;
• Firefox or Chrome – “Save Link As”
• IE – “Save Target As”
• Safari – “Download Linked File As”.
Open the downloaded file.

New Development:

Use these application types when you are proposing to develop / build something on vacant ground or when you are proposing to remove the existing building(s) and start over.

Modify an Existing Development: 

Use these application types when there is an existing building or development and you want to propose changes (a new type of business, a temporary business, physical changes to the site, etc.)


If you didn't find what you needed under the previous headings, check this list.  If you still aren't sure which application to use please contact our office. (385-468-6700)


Land Use How To Page