Salt Lake County Parks
2100 South from 1350 East to 1600 East, Salt Lake City
- A beautiful, large regional park with many amenities, including 7 reservable pavilions, 2 playgrounds, a pond & creek, trees and open spaces. The park is managed by the Sugar House Park Authority. Go to their web site for more park information.
- 110.51 acres.
- Pavilion - 7 covered pavilions, each with at least 2 BBQ grills, lighting and electrical outlets. For more pavilion information go to Sugar House Park and look under "Reservations" and "Pavilion Rentals."
- Electricity -- All pavilions have outlets.
- Lighting -- All pavilions.
- Horseshoe Courts -- 4 lighted sand and grass pits at the Hidden Grove Pavilion. Horseshoes may be rented from the Parks office.
- Shuffleboard -- (none)
- Volleyball -- Each pavilion has a concrete court. The Fabian Lakeside, Big Field and Parley's Creek pavilions have oversized, 50'x70' courts. Volleyball equipment may be rented from our office.
- Baseball/Softball Fields - baseball field is located just west of the Mt. Olympus Pavilion. It may be reserved or used for recreational purposes on a drop-in basis.
- Basketball Courts -- Near the Sugar Beet pavilion, lighted area with 6 hoops
- Playground -- 2 in the park. One is located in the main part of the park near the Parley's Creek pavilion; the other is located in the southeast corner of the park near the Sugar Beet pavilion. Each is a large plastic play set with 6 slides and 4 swings.
- Restrooms -- Restrooms are located near the Fabian Lakeside, Parley's Creek and Sugar Beet pavilions.
- Soccer -- A large area located north of the Big Field pavilion (no goals.) It may be reserved or used for recreational purposes on a drop-in basis. There are other open areas throughout the park that may be reserved or used for recreational use.
- Tennis -- (none)
- Drinking Fountain -- Located adjacent to each restroom and near the Sego Lily Pavilion.
- Walkways/Jogging Paths -- 1.5 miles around the asphalt inner loop. 1.87 miles around the edge of the park on the jogging path.
- Picnic Tables, Benches -- 13 picnic tables scattered throughout the park.
- Notable Features -- Amphitheater at the Sugar Beet pavilion; a designated sledding hill at the west end; 2 small bridges cross the creek.