Salt Lake County Parks
Gary C. Swenson Valley Regional
5100 South 2700 West, Taylorsville
- A regional large park with a pavilion, disc golf course, exercise track, outdoor basketball complex, 4-field softball complex, large, grassy areas and pool.
- 89.86 acres.
- Pavilion (Reservable) - Covered, seats 130 -- 12-8' wooden tables
- Electricity -- Pavilion has outlets.
- Lighting -- Pavilion
- Horseshoe Courts -- (none)
- Shuffleboard -- (none)
- Volleyball -- 1 regulation sand court
- Baseball/Softball Fields - Fenced, 4-field softball complex. It is used for high school and league play.
- Basketball Courts -- Outdoor complex with 6 hoops located west of the Library parking lot.
- Playground -- Upgraded in 2015.
- Restrooms -- Yes, one by the pavillon, one behind the pool.
- Soccer -- 2 regulation fields by basketball courts.
- Tennis -- (none)
- Drinking Fountain -- Yes
- Walkways/Jogging Paths -- Concrete path around softball complex, 0.53 miles. Dirt and gravel path around park, 0.78 miles. Asphalt walking path, 0.61 miles.
- Picnic Tables, Benches -- 7 with BBQ stands near the playground in the grove of quaking aspen. Bring your own BBQ grill. 11 benches throughout park.
- Notable Features -- 18-hole disc golf course, the Taylorsville Recreation Center, an outdoor pool, County Library, all located in or adjacent to the park.