Parks and Recreation Planning
2001 South State Street #S4800, SLC UT 84190 • 385-468-1800
ROSE CANYON TRAILHEAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION, LIMITED ACCESS UNTIL SEPTEMBER
A new construction project at the Rose Canyon Trailhead has begun, and is expected to continue until the end of September.
The project, headed by Salt Lake County Parks and Recreation, will improve and expand the two existing parking areas at the trailhead. Access to the recreation area will be limited, and at times prohibited due to specific construction activity. Users are cautioned to be aware of restricted areas and respect the work site.
Phase I of this construction project will not only expand the two existing parking areas, but will also include some stream restoration work.
Salt Lake County Parks and Recreation planners have started an important master plan process that will shape the future of county parks and recreation facilities. The planning stage will be complete in early 2015, and will produce a plan that will guide the division’s growth during the next 10 years.
Throughout the month of May, public kickoff meetings will be held at various locations throughout the county, so that community members can share their ideas and opinions on the master plan process. Additional public meetings will be held in the late summer and fall to facilitate public feedback.
COMMUNITY MEETINGS and OPEN HOUSES
(6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
May 12 - Millcreek Community Center
2266 E. Evergreen Avenue (3435 S.)
May 13 – Murray City Hall
5025 South State Street
May 14 – Central City Recreation Center
615 South 300 East
May 20 – C.R. Hamilton
3700 West 13800 South
May 22 – Taylorsville Library
4870 South 2700 West
May 29 – Draper Library
1136 Pioneer Road (12400 S.)
June 26 - South Jordan City Community Center
10778 South Redwood Road
We value your input about our Master Plan -
Please take a short survey
Stay informed by subscribing to an email newsletter
Parley's Trail now crosses UNDER 1300 East!
2012 Park Bond Development
Having problems viewing these PDF files? Try downloading first.
Right click the link and download the file by selecting:
Firefox or Chrome – “Save Link As”
IE – “Save Target As”
Safari – “Download Linked File As”
Open the downloaded file.
Master Plans, Documents andStudies
- 2005 Parks and Recreation Master Plan (1.4 MB PDF)
- 2005 Master Plan Map 24"x36" (8 MB PDF)
- 2012 Needs Assessment Results
- Big Cottonwood Regional Park Master Plan
- Dimple Dell Regional Park - Trails Map
- Emigration Canyon Trails Master Plan
- Equestrian Task Force Report (6.7 MB PDF)
- Jordan River Trail Master Plan
- Kearns Skate Park Addendum #1 Drawings (12.70 MB PDF)
- Lodestone Regional Park Master Plan (913 KB PDF)
- Magna Area Regional Park Master Plan (400K PDF)
- Millcreek Community Center Master Planning
- Natural Areas Land Management
- Off-Leash Dog Parks Master Plan (2.7 MB PDF)
- Oquirrh Park Master Plan (528 KB PDF)
- Parleys Canyon Trail Feasibility Study
- Parleys Trail Environmental Document: Highland to Jordan River Segment (22.4 MB PDF)
- Rose Canyon Trails Map (9 MB PDF)
- Rose Canyon Master Plan
- Southwest Regional Park Master Plan (7.4 MB PDF)
- Southwest Trails and Parks Master Plan
- Welby Regional Park Master Plan (6.7 MB PDF)
- Wheadon Regional Park Master Plan (1.8 MB PDF)