Parks and Recreation Planning
2001 South State Street #S4800, SLC UT 84190 • 385-468-1800
Looking for information about the Russian Olive removal at Big Cottonwood East? Learn more about the process.
Salt Lake County Parks and Recreation planners have started an important master plan process that will shape the future of county parks and recreation facilities. The planning stage will be complete in early 2015, and will produce a plan that will guide the division’s growth during the next 10 years.
Public meetings were held in May and November at various locations throughout the county, to allow community members to share their ideas and opinions on the master plan process.
We continue to value your input about our Master Plan -
Please take our short survey
Parley's Trail now crosses UNDER 1300 East!
2012 Park Bond Development
Having problems viewing these PDF files? Try downloading first.
Right click the link and download the file by selecting:
Firefox or Chrome – “Save Link As”
IE – “Save Target As”
Safari – “Download Linked File As”
Open the downloaded file.
Master Plans, Documents and Studies
- 2005 Parks and Recreation Master Plan (1.4 MB PDF)
- 2005 Master Plan Map 24"x36" (8 MB PDF)
- 2012 Needs Assessment Results
- Big Cottonwood Regional Park Master Plan
- Dimple Dell Regional Park - Trails Map
- Emigration Canyon Trails Master Plan
- Equestrian Task Force Report (6.7 MB PDF)
- Jordan River Trail Master Plan
- Kearns Skate Park Addendum #1 Drawings (12.70 MB PDF)
- Lodestone Regional Park Master Plan (913 KB PDF)
- Magna Area Regional Park Master Plan (400K PDF)
- Millcreek Community Center Master Planning
- Natural Areas Land Management
- Off-Leash Dog Parks Master Plan (2.7 MB PDF)
- Oquirrh Park Master Plan (528 KB PDF)
- Parleys Canyon Trail Feasibility Study
- Parleys Trail Environmental Document: Highland to Jordan River Segment (22.4 MB PDF)
- Rose Canyon Trails Map (9 MB PDF)
- Rose Canyon Master Plan
- Southwest Regional Park Master Plan (7.4 MB PDF)
- Southwest Trails and Parks Master Plan
- Welby Regional Park Master Plan (6.7 MB PDF)
- Wheadon Regional Park Master Plan (1.8 MB PDF)