June 3, 2017 - August 12, 2017
Learn to Swim program for ages 3 and up! On Saturday's.
3 & Up
Days and Times:
South County Pool
SAT AM Lesson Times:
- 9:00-9:30 AM
- 9:35-10:05 AM
- 10:10-10:40 AM
- 10:45-11:15 AM
- 11:20-11:50 AM
- Summer 1 Saturdays: June 3-24
- Summer 2 Saturdays: July 8-29
- Summer 1 Saturdays: May 20 12PM
- Summer 2 Saturdays: June 30 6AM
Students work toward development of the five core swimming competencies and achieving color level benchmarks that are recorded in their Starfish Personal Record Books (can be purchased at the front desk if you lose the first one that is given to you). The color levels are used to divide students into broad ability groups. Children progress at individual rates with the opportunity to learn the core swimming skills and progress to advanced strokes. Learning is self-paced but challenging.
Swim School White
- Can't swim at all
- Will not get face wet
Swim School Red
- Can't swim without support but loves the water
- Will get face wet
- Will jump in
Swim School Yellow
- Can float on front and back
- Can jump in and return to surface
Swim School Blue
- Is not afraid
- Can swim underwater or on the surface and can get an occasional breath
Swim School Green
- Is not afraid
- Can tread water for at least 15 seconds
- Can swim freestyle with rotary (side) breathing
Students progress through the color levels learning a different stroke in each color level. Students refine freestyle and learn stroke technique for backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly and more! Stroke School Has the same level names/colors (white, red, yellow, blue and green) but it is much more advanced than Starfish Swim School levels of the same name. Stroke school is for children who have progressed through ALL levels of swim school and are ready to learn competitive swimming strokes. Do not sign up for any stroke school levels if your child will not be comfortable learning to swim laps in a lap lane and doing head first dives into the deep end.
- Sign up for Stroke School if the student has achieved a Green Swim School award and needs to learn or refine freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly.
- Class size 4-6 kids
- On the first day of each session, kids will need to check in with a pool staff member, after that they can meet their teacher at the starting point of class.
- Locker Room Policy: Children 5 and over must use gender appropriate lock rooms or use family change rooms with adult supervision.
- NO MAKE UP CLASSES AVAILABLE ON SATURDAY'S.
- On the first day of Each session kids and Parents need to check in with a Pool Staff Member (the Swim Lesson Supervisor) after that they can meet their teacher at the set starting and ending point of class. these areas are labeled with colored signs around the pool.
4 30 minute lessons
Registration open from 5/20/2017 to 6/3/2017