Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat:
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Who: Youth groups, classrooms, service clubs, organizations, families, individuals and businesses are invited to participate. Categories: Family and Business/Non-Profit/Organization
When: Scarecrows will be displayed in the Hay Maze during Pumpkin Days (September 29-October 31). Entry check-in September 28 & 29 between 9:00 AM-6:00 PM. Judging will takes place September 30. Scarecrows must be removed beginning November 1 and gone by November 3 by 5:00 PM. If not picked up, we will dispose of it.
Prizes: Tickets to Pumpkin Days events!
Scarecrows: We welcome Happy, Funny, Creative, Innovative, but Not-Too-Scary Scarecrows. Scarecrows reflecting controversial, social, religious or political opinions or statements will not be accepted. Bloody, gruesome, or especially scary entries will be disqualified. Please keep in mind small children will be viewing these.
- All entries will receive an 8'x8' space. Minimum height = 4', maximum height = 8'
- Optional written description and/or title for your entry. A weather-proof sign 24”x 24” or smaller may be attached to the scarecrow with the creators business or personal name if desired.
- Scarecrow must be weather-resistant and sturdy. No perishable goods may be used to construct your scarecrow (ie pumpkins, squash). All ornamental items must be securely attached. Wheeler Farm reserves the right to remove any scarecrow that does not hold up to the natural elements.
- Wheeler Historic Farm is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items. Don't use anything of value to you!
- No electricity will be provided
- No items such as tiki-torches or gas powered generators allowed. No flames allowed.
- It is recommended each scarecrow include a wooden post or 2” diameter PVC pipe so it can be fastened/slid onto a T-post provided by Wheeler Farm. All applicants are responsible for securing their own scarecrow with their own materials to the provided in-place T-post.
- Contestants who remove their entries off the property prior to the close of the display or remove their entries for promotional purposes during the display without expressed written permission from Wheeler Historic Farm will forfeit their prizes and titles and not be allowed to enter future scarecrow competitions.
- Wheeler Historic Farm reserves the right to photograph entries for any promotional purpose. Photographs become property of Wheeler Historic Farm.
$10.00 entry fee. Click Register Now to enter.
Registration open from 9/1/2017 to 9/29/2017
Scarecrow entries must be registered by the 29th