Health Education Programs
To register for a class email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 385-468-3295.
An overall body exercise class with an emphasis on joint warm-up and range of motion. The class also includes cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, and flexibility. Developed for those with arthritis but beneficial for everyone. Seated or standing classes are available.
Classes meet 2x a week for 1 hour.
For more information contact Paige Corley email@example.com or 385-468-3083
EnhanceFitness is a lively and interactive hour-long class. EnhanceFitness combines three key components of fitness: strength training, flexibility, and cardiovascular conditioning with the addition of balance exercises. To ensure safety, each exercise was developed by experts in the field of physical therapy in conjunction with agencies serving older adults. The result is a fun program -- that works. Participants can work at their own pace with variations and modifications offered, to ensure each person can find a level that is perfect for them.
Many exercise programs claim to improve the health of older adults but few can demonstrate real results based on scientific research. This evidence-based exercise program is designed to help those 60 and older at all fitness levels become more active, energized and empowered to sustain independent lives.
Every workout includes:
- A certified leader
- 5-minute warm-up
- 20-minute cardiovascular routine
- 5-minute cool-down
- 20-minute strength training workout with soft ankle weights
- Balance exercises throughout the routine
- Lots of social opportunities to make new friends
The Stepping On Program empowers older adults to incorporate healthy behaviors that reduce the risk of falls. Offered once a week for seven weeks, this workshop uses adult education and self-efficacy principals.
- Helps build older adults’ confidence in their ability to reduce falls.
- Seven week class that meets once a week for two hours.
- Guest professionals visit the class each week to address different aspects of fall prevention. A physical therapist talks about the importance of exercise; a vision expert talks about the necessity of regular eye check-ups; a pharmacist addresses the risk of medication interactions and a home safety expert gives tips about keeping the home safe.
Tai Chi for Arthritis & Fall Prevention is a 1-hour class led by a trained instructor. Classes meet twice a week for 8 weeks. Tai Chi is an enjoyable exercise that can relieve your pain, improve your health, and increase your ability to do things. It’s easy and fun to learn. Tai Chi consists of slow continuous whole-body movements, strung together in a form. Like dance, the movements are learned and follow one after the other. The class can be done standing or seated.
Walk With Ease is a fitness program that helps reduce pain and improve one’s overall health. The program helps participants walk safely and comfortably, reduce pain, and improve flexibility.
- A group walking class geared for people with arthritis.
- Developed by the Arthritis Foundation.
- Six week class that meets three (3) time a week for one (1) hour.
- Discussion topics include: body mechanics, proper stretching and safe community walking.
Participants will learn to manage living with Type 2 Diabetes. Topics covered include:
1. Techniques to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear, and frustration.
2. Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance.
3. Healthy eating.
4. Appropriate use of medication.
5. Working more effectively with health care providers.
This program has also been proven effective with caregivers.
A 6-session evidence-based workshop designed for those dealing with a chronic or limiting health condition. Participants learn self-management techniques and skills needed in the day-to-day management of any type of ongoing health condition. The program has also been proven to be effective for caregivers.
The Chronic Pain Self-Management Program (CPSMP) is a 6-session evidence-based workshop designed for those dealing with chronic pain. Participants learn self-management techniques and skills needed in the day-to-day management of their chronic pain condition. This program has also been proven effective with caregivers.
The Tomando Control de su Salud program is a 6-session evidence-based workshop designed for people living with an ongoing or limiting health condition or people who care for them. Participants learn self-management techniques and skills needed in the day-to-day management of any type of ongoing health condition.
El programa Tomando Control de su Salud es un taller basado en evidencia de 6 sesiones diseñado para personas que viven con una condición de salud crónica o limitante. Los participantes aprenden técnicas y herramientas necesarias para poder manejar sus condiciones y poder disfrutar su vida diaria.