Who Are We?
Salt Lake County Animal Services is the premier animal service agency in Utah:
- We are the largest no-kill shelter in Utah
- We have a full-service, full-time veterinary clinic to care for our animals
- We have a 24/7, 365 days-per-year field operation
- We host participate in 200 community outreach events annually
- We are recognized nationally for our cutting-edge programming
- Dedicated volunteers log tens of thousands of hours annually
- Microchips & vaccinations are free to our jurisdictions via our voucher program
- We have been named “Best of State” seven out of the last nine years
We serve the citizens and pets within the Salt Lake County Metro Townships, Bluffdale City, Holladay City, Midvale City, Millcreek, and Salt Lake City.
We have had a commitment to operating a “no-kill” facility since 2011. Our live release rate surpassed 94% in 2019. We are the largest shelter in Utah to achieve this status.
What Do We Do at the Shelter?
- Offer pet adoptions
- Provide pet licensing
- Enforce animal-related city and county ordinances
- Provide shelter for all types of lost and abandoned pets
- Investigate complaints of animal cruelty, abuse, and neglect
- Respond to emergencies involving injured or aggressive animals
- Offer humane education programs for schools and community groups
- Provide humane euthanasia at the request of pet owners (fee for service)
Having trouble finding us? Check out our map and directions to the shelter
Salt Lake County Animal Services is dedicated to providing consistent, reliable, and professional solutions for animal related issues. Our comprehensive animal care and control services include:
- 24/7 Field operations and enforcement
- Animal care and sheltering
- Pet Licensing
- Onsite veterinarian and clinic
- Pet adoptions and placement of animals with rescue groups
- Volunteer and foster programs
- Community issue focus programs
- Community education, media, and outreach events
- Emergency planning