Foster a Pet
Foster Homes Needed
We are always looking for foster homes, especially during kitten season (April-October). Fosters provide a temporary home to dogs and cats for a variety of reasons. Foster care can be necessary for dogs who need help with manners, animals with medical needs, unweaned kittens, and more. Please consider opening your home to animals in need, even a short stay can make a tremendous difference.
Are you curious about fostering or just looking for more information? Call us at 385-GOT-PETS (385-468-7387) or
Fostering makes a difference. Fostering saves lives.
What does being a foster include?
- We will provide you with a crate (for dogs), food, medicine if needed, vet care for foster pet(s), a collar, and leash.
- We encourage you to attend our community outreach events to get your foster seen by potential adopters.
- We also have a Facebook page that we ask you post to with photos, videos, and updates on your foster.
- You have a support team at the shelter with any questions that may arise with your foster.
- Yes, it is possible to fall in love with your foster and want to adopt them permanently. Foster parents follow the standard adoption process if they choose to make the pet a permanent family member.