a new years resolution for your pet
Posted By SLCo Animal Services
December 22, 2017
As humans many of us set a resolution for ourselves for the new year. Since our pets can improve our physical and mental health, lets improve the lives of our cats and dogs this year as well.
- Update Their Tags & Microchips: If your contact information has changed, get your pet a new tag and update your info that’s attached to their microchip. Also, make sure the info on their tag is still readable, often it rubs off.
- Bring Out the Brush: Not only does brushing improve their coats, it helps you connect.
- Declutter! Throw away those dirty, germy, broken toys. Get them something new to play with.
- Make Time to Play: Whether it’s swimming, hiking, or learning new tricks; your pet needs time to play and bond with you because they love you unconditionally.
- Measure They’re Food: It’s easy to overfeed a pet who acts like there’s never enough food in the bowl. Throw a measuring cup in their food containers and use it every day. Food is often a way we say, “I Love You.” Love your pet with other things like attention, play dates, or more car rides.
- Take Them to the Vet: Just like humans, pets should see their veterinarian for an annual check-up. They need to have their yearly vaccinations to keep them healthy and happy. Often when pets get sick, there is something going on with them that we can’t see.
As part of your resolution, resolve to play more! Salt Lake County Animal Services will be offering $18 adoption fees from January 2-31 for all pets EXCLUDING puppies and livestock.
Licensing or renewing a license? Every pet that lives in: Bluffdale, Copperton, Emmigration Canyon, Herriman, Holladay, Kearns, Magna, Midvale, Millcreek, Salt Lake City, and White City can walk-in to Salt Lake County Animal Services, Monday – Saturday, 10 AM – 6 PM, and receive a free DHPP (vaccine for dogs), FVRCP (vaccine for cats), and a microchip. Rabies vaccinations are done by appointment only.
For more information visit AdoptUtahPets.com or come by 511 W 3900 S, in Salt Lake City.