Celebrate National Walk the Dog (Pet) Day
Posted By SLCo Animal Services
February 22, 2021
Celebrate your pets’ favorite activity, and walk them on February 22, 2021 as part of National Walk the Dog Day. Salt Lake County Animal Services wants to remind all pet owners to walk your dog on leash unless you are in a designated off-leash area, with a sign that says dogs can be off-leash. Also, don’t forget those pet-waste bags to clean up after your pup. You don’t want to be a nuisance.
How & Why to Celebrate Walk the Dog Day:
- Take your dog somewhere they’ve never been. They LOVE new smells.
- Join a Virtual 5K or sign up to walk for your favorite rescue through other virtual apps such as WoofTrax.
- Invite a friend and their pup to join you, and pack treats! Who doesn’t love a treat break for good behavior?
- Walking reduces stress and anxiety in both you and your dog!
- A walk everyday is great for your dog’s health, and yours.
For more information about laws regarding walking your pet on leash and cleaning up pet waste, visit the “Laws” section on our website for more information.