Posted By SLCo Animal Services
August 28, 2017
**VOTING IS CLOSED. STAY TUNED FOR FALL OF 2019 FOR THE NEXT ELECTION**
The WINNER was Kandie the Therapy Pittie, for Salt Lake County Animal Services PAWlitical Mayor. Kandie, her Deputy PAWlitical Mayor, Churchill and the 9-member PAWlitical Council was sworn in to their positions by Sherrie Swensen, the Salt Lake County Clerk, at the December 19, 2017, Salt Lake County Council Meeting.
The nomination period is over and it's time to Vote for PAWlitical Mayor! We have 16 candidates and an intern. Find out more about them, their PAWlitical platforms and VOTE! Voting will run from
October 13 - November 10.
Does your pet have leadership skills?
Salt Lake County Animal Services and Mayor Ben McAdams are excited to announce the first PAWlitical Pet Election. Non-human residents of Salt Lake County are encouraged to run for Mayor. The election for the prestigious position of Salt Lake County PAWlitical Mayor is for a 2-year term of office. While PAWlitical Pets must be Salt Lake County residents, voters can live anywhere.
This PAWlitical Election is a fundraiser sponsored by Salt Lake County Animal Services. It will be held every two years. The funds raised from this event will go to our Injured Animal Fund. We provide care for hundreds of injured and sick animals every year. This will benefit them greatly!
Salt Lake County PAWlitical Pet Filing Qualifications:
- Registration opens September 11th
- Deadline to register September 30
- Salt Lake County pet resident (all cities within Salt Lake County: Alta, Bluffdale, Cottonwood Heights, Draper, Herriman, Holladay, Midvale, Murray, Riverton, Salt Lake City, Sandy, South Jordan, South Salt Lake, Taylorsville, unincorporated Salt Lake, West Jordan, West Valley City)
- Licensed (proof needed if applicable)
- Fully vaccinated (proof needed if applicable)
- Provide a clear photo (4 x 6) of your PAWlitical Candidate. Digital only (jpeg, png, gif) and emailed to Randee at email@example.com.
2017 Important Political Pets Mayor and Council Election Dates
Monday, September 11th - Registration opens for PAWlitical Mayor – Entry fee is $25.00
Saturday, September 30th - Registration closes
Thursday, October 12th - Meet & Greet with all PAWlitical Pet Candidates
Friday, October 13th - Voting begins – Votes are $1.00 each
Friday, November 10th – Last Day to vote
Tuesday, November 14th – Winners announced on Facebook Live at Salt Lake County Animal Services
Late November / Early December (Date TBD) – Swearing in of the PAWlitical Pet Mayor and Council
Disclaimer: All PAWlitical Pet Candidates must be well-behaved, social, and healthy. NO biters allowed. Salt Lake County Animal Services reserves the right to remove any PAWlitical Candidate or PAWlitical official from office if a serious animal ordinance violation occurs.