Guidelines for Funding Requests
The mission of the County’s Bicycle Advisory Committee (SLCBAC) is to advise the Mayor’s office in all bicycle-related matters. With a generous, but limited, annual budget this necessitates careful assessment of funding requests which must be approved by the County Director of Planning and Transportation. Organizations requesting funding from SLCBAC should consider the following criteria that are consistent with our goals and strategic plan:
- Is your organization 501(c)(3) non-profit certified?
- Provide examples of how your organization represents bicycling and the bicycling community in a progressive manner.
- How are you integrating the principles of bicycle education, safety and road respect into your program?
- How will this funding contribute to improving cycling infrastructure, promoting bicycles, and/or increasing the public knowledge of the benefits of cycling?
- Demonstrate how you will promote the Salt Lake County Bicycle Advisory Committee as a partner in your efforts.
- Describe, through examples if possible, the results of other external funding you have received and its impact on infrastructure or community outreach.
Applicants are required to entirely fill out the funding request form and submit it via email to: JSStewart@slco.org and HPeters@slco.org. Applicants will then be added to the SLCBAC agenda where the committee will discuss the request.
Additional information concerning SLCBAC may be found in the link to our Strategic Plan and Bylaws located on our website homepage. All of our meetings are open to the public and attendance and presentation of the funding proposal is encouraged.