How To Become A Poll Worker
Thank you for your interest in becoming a poll worker! Salt Lake County is fortunate to have people willing to keep our elections smooth and secure. See below for a list of poll worker qualifications, requirements, and responsibilities.
Time commitments include:
- Attending two-hour training class.
- Spending approximately two hours on Monday afternoon/evening the day before the election to set up signage and voting machines.
- Working 5:30 am to approximately 10:00 pm on Election Day.
You will be asked to:
- Lift and set up voting equipment weighing approximately 30 pounds.
- Follow explicit instructions dictated by State Law and County Policy.
- Assist voters of various backgrounds.
- Remain politically neutral.
- Support the Vote Center Lead in set-up and take-down of the location.
- Help or teach voters to navigate voting machines.
Poll workers must be:
- Over 18 years of age
- Not related to a candidate appearing on the ballot.
If you would like to become a poll worker, you can register your interest by completing the survey below.