NOVEMBER 3rd GENERAL ELECTION INFORMATION
- The General Election will be conducted mainly by mail. Ballot packets will be mailed to active registered voters on October 13th - the earliest date ballots can be mailed according to Utah Law.
- First class postage will be paid on ballots returned by mail.
- Ballots returned by mail must be postmarked no later than (the day before Election Day) November 2nd.
- Voters may deposit their ballot in any of our 20 drive-up ballot drop boxes located throughout the county (open 24/7) until 8:00 pm on Election Night.
- Locations can be found on the Ballot Instructions included in ballot packets, or at this website: https://slco.org/clerk/elections/vote-by-mail/ballot-drop-box-locations/.
- An “I Voted Sticker” will be included in the instructions in the ballot packets.
- The Legislature has determined we will be able to offer in-person voting for the General Election. However, because of COVID-19 we are encouraging voters to vote by mail.
- Early voting and Election Day vote centers will be available to accommodate voters who did not receive a ballot.
- In-person voting requires ID to be presented to the poll worker.
- A list of valid ID is available at this website:
- Early voting and Election Day vote centers are generic; a voter may use any center in the county regardless of where they reside.
- The list of locations will be on the website in the future when the contracts are solidified.
VOTERS WITH DISABILITIES
- Voters with disabilities who need special accommodations, may contact the Election Division to make an appointment to vote in person.
- The deadline to register to vote and be mailed a ballot is Friday, October 23rd.
- Voter registration may be done online with a Utah Driver License with your current address at: vote.utah.gov.
- ( You may update your driver license address prior to using the online registration tool at: https://secure.utah.gov/dlr/index.html.)
- You may register to vote with a paper/mail-in form found at:
- The completed by-mail form can be mailed to:
PO Box 144575
SLC, UT 84114-4575
- Printed, signed and emailed to: email@example.com
- Brought to the County Government Center – Election Division (2001 S State St,
South Building, Room S1-200) weekdays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
UPDATE YOUR ADDRESS
- Those who are registered to vote in Salt Lake County and have moved within the County, may update your registration address by:
- calling 385-468-7400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide your full name, registration address and new address.
VOTER INFORMATION CARD
- Once you are registered to vote or update your registration address, you will be mailed a Voter Information Card. It will list the districts that pertain to your address (congressional house, state senate and house, county council, city council, state and local school board, etc.) It is for informational purposes and is not used for ID.