Welcome to the Salt Lake County Online Marriage Application System
Marriage licenses are being issued by appointment only. Once you have completed the application you need to schedule your appointment.
Congratulations on your decision to get married! Completing the process for your marriage license can be done in three easy steps:
- Complete this online application (make sure to fill out all fields) and click the Finish button when done.
- Come into the Salt Lake County Clerk’s Office to show your proof of identity and pay for the license.
- If a divorce has been granted within the last 30 days, you need to provide a certified copy of the divorce decree.
- For information on a divorce filed in the State of Utah, call the Third District Court, Divorce Division (801) 238-7480
- After the marriage ceremony is done, return the license to our office so it can be recorded.
$50.00 license fee is non-refundable.
Appear in Person
Both parties must then appear in person in the Clerk's Office to complete the marriage license application with valid driver's license or identification and pay the license fee of $50.00.
Salt Lake County Clerk, Marriage License Division
2001 South State Street Suite S2 200
PO Box 144575
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4575
Hours: Weekdays 8 am - 5 pm (closed on state and federal holidays for Salt Lake County)
The license fee is non-refundable and includes two certified copies.
The license fee of $50.00 is payable by MasterCard, AMEX, or Visa.
The Salt Lake County Clerk’s Office is now performing ceremonies by appointment only.