Learn-to-Skate Oct 2020
Learn to Skate at County Ice!
Ages 6 & up
Days and Times:
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM
5:00 PM - 5:30 PM
6:00 PM - 6:30 PM
Class sizes limited. Previous skating experience required. Minimum skills passed Basic 1 level or equivalent. Skaters must be able to stand and skate unassisted. Program includes four, 30 minute lessons. View the flyer for session details.
Learn to Skate Levels
- Basic 2: The Basic 2 level builds upon skills which have been mastered at the Basic 1 level. After completing Basic 2, sign up for Basic 3 if you are continuing in the figure skating program or sign up for Hockey 1 if you are continuing in the Hockey program (refer to the Learn-to-Skate for Hockey flyer.)
- Basic 3: Basic 1 & 2 levels must be completed before registering for Basic 3. Skaters will learn more advanced skills that extend from Basic 1 & 2 levels.
- Basic 4: Forward crossovers, edge control and three-turns will be taught, along with backward stroking and advanced stopping.
- Basic 5: Skaters at this level will learn basic back edges, backward crossovers and beginning one-foot spins.
- Basic 6: Forward inside three-turns will be taught, along with the T-stop, bunny hop, spiral and right and left lunges.
- Pre Freeskate: Forward and backward skills, spins and jumps.
- Freeskate: Transitions spins and jumps. More progressive skating skills.
- Adult 2-3: Intermediate adult skaters
- Adult 4-5: Advanced adult skaters
$40.00 ($5.00 late fee if after registered deadline. )
4 lessons, skate rental, and a U.S. Figure Skating annual membership.
(385) 468-1645 /Email