Rental Assistance in Salt Lake County
The Federal Emergency Rental Assistance Program appropriates $25 billion for Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) nationally. The State of Utah has received $215 million and Salt Lake County has received $26 million for emergency rental assistance and program administration.
Uses of Rental Assistance Funds:
- Rent and Rental Arrears – 12 months maximum for arrears (pay first) + months forward
- Utilities and Utility Arrears
- Other expenses as part of a rental agreement related to housing incurred due to COVID-19, like utilities and internet
- Up to 10% of funding can be utilized for administrative costs, including case management.
Household Eligibility – At least one individual must meet the following criteria:
- Unemployment or reduction in income due to COVID:
- Risk of homelessness or housing instability; and
- Household income at or below 80% AMI (Area Median Income)
Find more Rental Assistance resources at rentrelief.utah.gov
Salt Lake County is soliciting applications for administrative grants for the Emergency Rental Assistance Outreach Program (ERAP), seeking proposals from community organizations to provide all of some of the following: community outreach, and education, and application assistance for the ERAP.