Rental Assistance in Salt Lake County
Salt Lake County and the State of Utah have millions of dollars to give residents impacted by or during the pandemic and need rental assistance -- with plenty of funds remaining in 2022.
Uses of Rental Assistance Funds:
- Rent and Rental Arrears – 12 months maximum for arrears (pay first) + months forward
- Utilities and Utility Arrears
- Other expenses as part of a rental agreement related to housing incurred due to COVID-19, like utilities and internet
- Up to 10% of funding can be utilized for administrative costs, including case management.
Household Eligibility – At least one individual must meet the following criteria:
- Unemployment or reduction in income due to COVID:
- Risk of homelessness or housing instability; and
- Household income at or below 80% AMI (Area Median Income)
Find more rental assistance FAQs at rentrelief.utah.gov .
Need Help Applying for this Rental Assistance?
Get help from a real person at one of two official organizations partnered with Salt Lake County, where they will help you figure out your eligibility, what documents you need, and make sure you've got a complete application submitted to get the money. Help is available in many languages.
📞 Utah Community Action at 801-359-2444 or
📞 Centro de la Familia at 801-707-9986