- National Preparedness Goal
- National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) training resources.
- Emergency Management Institute (EMI) training resources.
Are you interested in gaining emergency management skills that could help your community? Check out the following organizations that offer emergency management training opportunities.
The Emergency Management Institute (EMI), operated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, offers more than forty independent study courses online. These are self-paced courses designed for people who have emergency management responsibilities and the general public.
The Emergency Management Institute (EMI) also offers certification programs in emergency management. A certificate is earned by the completion of seven professional development courses offered as the Professional Development Series (PDS).
The PDS courses are available free of charge in an independent study format on the EMI Website for those participants unable to attend the classroom setting. FEMA's Professional Development Series Courses include:
- IS230 Principles of Emergency Management
- IS235 Emergency Planning
- IS242 Effective Communication
- IS241 Decision Making and Problem Solving
- IS240 Leadership and Influence
- IS244 Developing and Managing Volunteers
- IS139 Exercise Design
The Emergency Management Institute also offers an interactive online introductory course on the National Incident Management Systems (NIMS).
Utah Department of Public, Safety Emergency Management
NIST: National Institute of Standard and Technology, US Dept. of Commerce
Video: When disaster happens, will your community be prepared?
Salt Lake County
Community Emergency Response Team -- CERT
- CERT Video
- Introduction to Emergency Planning for children
- Community Animal Response Team (CART) Video
- PowerPoint by David Wald, Seismologist, U.S. Geological Survey
- Video of David Wald, Seismologist, U.S. Geological Survey