Javascript is required to view this site. Skip to main content
Text:    -   | Translate

Special Events

Permit info

Special Events within the following areas require the submittal of an application: Big Cottonwood Canyon, Emigration Canyon, Kearns, Magna, Unincorporated Salt Lake County, and White City. 

PW Engineering does not provide services to Copperton Township or any incorporated city. 

  • Insurance certificates, maps, and fees will need to be submitted to the Permit Specialist before your request can be fully processed. See fee schedule below. 


Metro Township Special Event Permit Fees:

# of Participants Fee per day
0 to 100 $50.00
100 to 200 $100.00
200 to 400 $200.00
400 to 600 $500.00
Over 600 $1,000.00
Filming fees $200.00

  • $50 fee for Big Cottonwood Canyon and any Unincorporated Salt Lake County areas. 
  • Special events or Filming held on any state roadway(s) may also require an additional permit from Utah Department of Transportation. UDOT Permit Contact Information
  • Special events or Filming held in any canyon may also require an additional permit from United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service Division. Please contact Ben Kraja at (801)733-2664 or
  • Sponsors of block parties will also be required to submit paperwork with the signatures of affected neighbors' concurrence of the road closure. This paperwork should reflect the addresses of each resident, as well as their signature indicating agreement for the road closure. Barricades and security are the responsibility of the applicant.

Special Event Permit Application

  • Completed applications may be emailed to

For further information call 385.468.6600




Applications are not approved until notification is received from the Permit Specialist.

If you have any questions, please contact the Permit Specialist at 385.468.6600.

  • Countywide Policy and Procedure #1012 requires that the sponsor of any organized race, run, walk, bicycle race, block or neighborhood party, parade, carnival or similar activity occurring, whole or in part, on any unincorporated Salt Lake County public roadway or property must request permission of the County, through submission of this form to the Engineering Division's Permit Specialist:

    Engineering Division 
    Attn: Permit Specialist 
    2001 South State Street, N3-120 
    SLC, UT 84190
  1. Block parties will submit paperwork with the signatures of affected neighbors' concurrence to the road-closure.
  2. Block and neighborhood parties, parades of less than one mile, and school activities held in the immediate area of the school are excepted from the insurance requirements set forth in Section 14.56.100 of the ordinance.
  3. Salt Lake County reserves the right to deny permit applications for proposed special events which pose a significant danger or threat to the public health, welfare or safety, or which may result in unreasonable inconvenience or cost to the public.
  4. A violation of Section 14.56.040 shall be Class B Misdemeanor. Failure to obtain a permit as required by this chapter may also result in enforcement action by the County Sheriff's Office which, in its discretion, may stop an event which has not been issued a permit and/or may issue citations where event staff or participants violate other state statutes or county ordinances, including but not limited to traffic rules and regulations, disturbing the peace, public nuisance, failure to disperse, trespass, or other health and safety regulations.
  5. Any request for events on public roadways, except as covered by (III) above, or sponsored by a County agency must obtain a certificate of insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 naming Salt Lake County as an additional insured as indicated in Section 14.56.100 of the ordinance.