Plan Your Visit
Located in downtown Salt Lake City, Clark Planetarium offers 10,000 square feet of exhibit space, the Hansen Dome and Northrop Grumman IMAX Theatres, and one of the best science gift stores in Salt Lake City. Admission to the store and exhibits are FREE to the public. Plan a visit and explore the universe!
Theatre Ticket Pricing
- Adults/teens/seniors: $7.00 before 5:00 pm, $9.00 for shows 5:00 pm and later
- Children under 12: $7.00
- Children aged 2 and under: FREE!
- Planning to attend with a large group? Check out our Group Pricing.
Hours of Operation
- Sunday – Wednesday: 10:30 am to 7:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:30 am to 10:00 pm
- Friday – Saturday: 10:30 am to 11:00 pm
- Clark Planetarium is open 363 days a year. We are closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Please note: Clark Planetarium closes promptly after the start time of the last show. For the safety of our guests and staff, we do not unlock the building doors for late seating.
- Sunday thru Wednesday: 7:00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 pm
- Friday and Saturday: 11:00 pm
110 S 400 W
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
General Phone Line:
Parking at The Gateway
Convenient underground parking is available at The Gateway. The South parking garage features two direct entrances to Clark Planetarium on levels -1 and 0. The first hour is no charge, and from one to two hours is $1.00. Over two hours, additional rates apply. This is accurate as of July, 2017 and subject to change without notice.
- Clark Planetarium will validate parking for our patrons: 3 hours for $1.00. Additional parking fees apply after the first 3 hours. Validations from the other Gateway merchants may reduce potential parking fees. Please pay for parking as you leave the parking lot.
- There is free and metered parking available on the street, as well as other public pay lots conveniently located nearby.
UTA TRAX and Bus Service
- Take TRAX to the Planetarium Stop, which is located right outside our front door. Several UTA bus routes pass by the Planetarium as well.
- Please see UTA transit schedules for more details.