The Real Estate section of the Facilities Division provides full-service real estate functions for all county agencies including:
- Locating properties, ordering and follow-up on due diligence matters, including environmental assessments, title reports, surveys, appraisals, and escrow closings.
- Acts as acquisition agent for highway, flood control, library, park, and all other projects requiring the purchase of land or buildings.
- Relocates property owners and tenants displaced by county projects.
- Leases land and buildings for county agencies, manages lease portfolio.
- Sells surplus county real estate to abutting property owners.
- Serves as real estate consultant to county agencies and Mayor and Council. Serves on several committees, providing real estate expertise.
- Appraises and evaluates real property and manages contract appraisers.
- Tracks, maintains, and acts as agent for county owned subsurface and surface water rights.
- Manages vacant county owned properties.
- Maintains current inventory of county owned properties.