Project Management & Capital Construction
In coordination with the various Salt Lake County organizations and agencies, the Project Management office has started, continued or completed numerous new construction, renovation, expansion, repair or maintenance projects. It is estimated that by the end of 2011, over 14,000 person hours will have been spent implementing these programs.
Our project management services include:
- Project Management of Major Capital Projects
- Project Management of Annual Capital Projects (Repair & Maintenance)
- Management of 12 County-Wide Contracts
- Two Small Projects Design
- One Small Project Contractor
- Two Construction Materials Testing Services
- Two Geotechnical Engineering Services
- Three Environmental Assessment Services
- One Construction Technical Reprographic Services
- Three Commissioning Services
- Project Management of Major Bond Type Capital Project Programs (ZAP, MBA, New Market Tax Credit, Energy, etc.)
- Facilitation of Facilities Management Related Special Studies and Requirements (Various Master Plans, etc.)
- Implement the County Adopted US Green Council LEED Program for all major projects to attain a minimum "Gold" Certification. In addition, maximize the energy savings and sustainability of new facilities
- Maintain Salt Lake County Design & Construction Standards
- Manage Construction Project Documentation Archive Library for County Buildings
- Coordinate with Facilities Management Shops and other County Agencies for facilities related support, estimating and management of repair, maintenance, alteration and construction services activities
- Provide limited in-house architectural and FF&E (furniture fixtures & equipment) management and support functions to the Government Center and other County Agencies
- Ongoing energy efficiency measures related to new and existing structures designed to implement many progressive efforts and reduce carbon footprints
Our entire team has an undergraduate degree or equivalent in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture. Three individuals have Master's Degrees and two of our team members have received US Green Council LEED Associate training in preparation for certification examination.
Our team also prides itself on continuing education through vendor/supplier presentations. In addition, some members have completed OSHA's Construction Safety Course.