When involved in an auto accident:
DO NOT admit fault.
DO NOT discuss the accident with anyone except the County Accident Investigator.
- Any accident requires the Report of Accident Form to be completed
County drivers involved in vehicle accidents must do the following:
- Call their Supervisor
- Call Frontier Adjusters Accident Investigator at (801) 254-4200 ext. 10
- Call Local Law Enforcement 911
- Complete this Report of Traffic Accident Form
- The employee’s supervisor is to report to the accident scene and with the Frontier Adjusters' investigator, shall ensure County Policies and Procedures are followed concerning citations, disabled vehicles, towing, impairment and drug/alcohol testing.
- Accidents that meet one or more of the following criteria require the supervisor to take the employee to a contract facility for a drug and alcohol screen:
- An accident involving major physical injury that requires treatment away from the scene of the accident.
- Loss of human life.
- Employee is cited by law enforcement for the accident.
- There is reasonable suspicion that the employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.