Important! When involved in an auto accident:
- DO NOT admit fault.
- DO NOT discuss the accident with anyone except the County Accident Investigator.
County drivers involved in vehicle accidents must do the following:
- Call their Supervisor
- Call Frontier Adjusters Accident Investigator at (801) 254-4200 ext. 10
- Call Local Law Enforcement 911
- Complete the Salt Lake County Driver's Report of Traffic Accident Form 100
- The employee’s supervisor is to report to the accident scene and with the Frontier Adjusters' investigator, shall ensure County Policies and Procedures are followed concerning citations, disabled vehicles, towing, impairment and drug/alcohol testing.
- Accidents that meet one or more of the following criteria require the supervisor to take the employee to a contract facility for a drug and alcohol screen:
- An accident involving major physical injury that requires treatment away from the scene of the accident;
- Loss of human life;
- Employee is cited by law enforcement for the accident;
- There is reasonable suspicion that the employee is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Remember: Do not discuss the facts of the accident with anyone at the scene except the County accident investigator and the responding law enforcement officer.