Mayor Jenny Wilson issues proclamations to show support for milestones, issues, or events, and to recognize community members who have made outstanding contributions to Salt Lake County.
If you would like a proclamation, please review the criteria below prior to placing a request.
- Must hold state or county wide significance, or serve an educational purpose for a significant number of Salt Lake County citizens
- May recognize a day, week or month
- Requests must be made for each proclamation. Proclamations will not be automatically renewed annually.
- Requests that are similar to proclamations that have already been issued may be denied
Proclamations will not be issued for
- Individual birthdays
- Weddings/wedding anniversaries
- Church anniversaries
- Deceased persons
- Personal political or business endorsement of individual or for profit business
- Family/Class Reunions
- Groundbreakings/business openings
Proclamations are strictly ceremonial, they are not legally binding and should not be interpreted as a policy endorsement. Requests should be received 30 days prior to the requested date and may be rejected if they are not received soon enough.