Junior clinics are designed to teach the basic fundamentals of golf. No prior experience is necessary, but the clinics can also serve as a refresher to juniors who have been exposed to some instruction and wish to advance in the sport.
All clinics are taught by the golf pros at Salt Lake County golf courses and will be limited to a student/instructor ratio of 8-1 to ensure a quality teaching environment.
- Season: May-September
- Session Length: 3, 1 hour sessions
- Ages: 5-17
- Cost: $50.00
- Includes: Tees, water bottles, golf balls
Register online or at the course.
Junior Golf Camps are designed for junior golfers who wish to advance beyond the beginning fundamentals of the game of golf and have already been exposed to the basic mechanics of the golf swing.
Junior Golf Camps begin on Mondays and last four days. Sessions begin at 10:00 am and are four hours long. Two hours of instruction and two hours of playing time with lunch served in between. Upon completion junior golfers should have the fundamental skills to play and enjoy the game of golf.
Camps will be limited to 30 Campers. A student/instructor ratio of 5-1 will be maintained at all camps. Before they can enroll in a Junior Golf Camp participants:
- must be at least 8 years old
- have access to a set of golf clubs and/or have completed at least two Junior Golf Clinics with a Teachers approval
Junior Golf Camps are designed for junior golfers that have progressed beyond the basics and are looking for more of a challenge including the golfer who desires to play a higher level, which might include State tournaments and/or High School golf.
Junior Golf Camps emphasize golf at a competitive level and will include instruction in:
- Course Management
- Etiquette on the golf course
Campers are expected to play 9 holes on the Executive course each day under competitive situations.
Registration for Camps or Leagues must be completed at Mick Riley Golf course.
Cost is $150 per camper, which includes:
- A tee gift
- Golf ball
- Range balls
- Green fees
- 16 hours of supervised instruction from a PGA trained golf instructor
For More Information & Registration
Mick Riley Golf Course
421 East Vine Street
Murray, Utah 84107
Junior Golf Leagues are designed to provide intermediate and advanced junior golfers an opportunity to demonstrate their golfing skills in actual competitive situations.
- Eleven 9-hole competitions will be held on Tuesday mornings at Mick Riley Golf Course starting at 8:00am until 10:00am.
- Junior golfers will compete against other junior golfers their same age and skill levels with prizes being awarded each week.
- Junior League golfers will be paired according to their skill level and age. Play will be conducted on both the Regulation and Par-3 courses.
- Junior League golfers will be held accountable for proper behavior and golf etiquette.
- Points will be accumulated throughout the competitions for Player of the Year in each age division.
- The Mick Riley Junior League Championship and awards banquet will be held August 14, 2018.
- Registration for Leagues must be completed at Mick Riley Golf course.
- Junior League Registration Information
- Ages 6-8 - Ricky Fowler Division
- Ages 9-11 - Justin Thomas Division
- Ages 12-14 - Jordan Speith Division
- Ages 15-17 - Dustin Johnson Division