Public Health Order
There are currently no local orders in place.
Note that there may also be statewide public health orders from the Utah Department of Health in place.
Previous Public Health Orders
Requires respirators (or until you are able to obtain a respirator, a well-fitting mask or face covering as an alternative) in public spaces while indoors (or queueing outdoors).
- August 11, 2021: Public Health Order 2021-2 (en Español)
- Requires students attending kindergarten through grade 6 at a public, charter, or private school in Salt Lake County to wear a face covering that completely covers the nose and mouth when in any indoor area of the premises, on school-provided transportation, or attending an indoor school-sponsored activity, with some exceptions.
aligns with the State of Utah's recent order(s) by removing reference to the state's old "phased guidelines" system and instead references the state's new "Transmission Index" system.
- September 24: Public Health Order 2020-14
- clarifies that face coverings that completely cover the nose and mouth are required in public areas, including outdoors, where consistent social distancing of at least six feet is not possible, reasonable, or prudent.
- August 19: Public Health Order 2020-13
- extends through January 5, 2021 the previous public health order.
- July 2: Public Health Order 2020-12
- extends through August 20 the previous public health order.
- June 26: Public Health Order 2020-11 / 26 de junio: Orden de Salud Pública 2020-11
- requires face coverings that completely cover the nose and mouth in public areas where consistent social distancing of at least six feet is not possible, reasonable, or prudent.
- June 12: Public Health Order 2020-10
- aligns Salt Lake County with version 4.6 of the state's guidelines
- June 5: Public Health Order 2020-09
- extends Salt Lake County's alignment with version 4.5 of the state's guidelines through June 12
- May 29: Public Health Order 2020-08
- aligns Salt Lake County with version 4.5 of the state's guidelines
- May 15: Public Health Order 2020-07
- aligns Salt Lake County with version 4.4 of the state's guidelines
- May 7: Public Health Order 2020-06.1
- aligns Salt Lake County with version 4.1 of the state's guidelines
- April 30: Public Health Order 2020-06
- aligns SLCo with version 4.0 of the state's "Moderate Risk" guidelines set forth in the State of Utah's Phased Guidelines for the General Public and Businesses to Maximize Public Health and Economic Reactivation.
- April 17: Public Health Order 2020-05
- revises the March 29 "Stay Safe, Stay Home" Order to "Stay Smart, Stay Safe"
- April 10: Public Health Order 2020-04
- extends the March 29 Order to May 1 at 11:59 p.m.
- March 29: Public Health Order 2020-03
- March 19: Public Health Order 2020-02
- March 16: Public Health Order 2020-01: COVID-19