Medical Reserve Corps
The Salt Lake County Medical Reserve Corps (SLCoMRC) improves public health and safety by ensuring that a trained group of volunteer health professionals is ready to respond to health emergencies. We augment the efforts of medical staff at local hospitals and emergency centers by providing a pre-organized and rapid response to medical surge emergencies.
We coordinate our efforts within the health department, professional organizations, local governments and hospitals, as well as statewide and national emergency response teams to ensure that our response is as timely and effective as possible.
Some of the activities we participate in include staffing first-aid stations for community events such as the Salt Lake City Marathon, educating the community in disaster preparedness, Stop the Bleed, and training in multiple facets of health.
Our members include a range of medical and nonmedical volunteers, from nurses to HAM radio operators, who all work together to ensure a safer and healthier community through service.
For more information about MRC, email MRC@slco.org.
If you would like to volunteer to assist with the COVID-19 response and are licensed as any of the following, please register online.
- Advanced EMT
- Advanced Practice Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Medical Assistant (Certified)
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Public Health Nurse
- Registered Nurse
If you are not licensed as one of the above but would like to volunteer, we would still love your assistance! Please visit the Salt Lake County COVID response volunteer page to enroll.
For Current Volunteers
MRC Events 2019
- August 14 (6:30 p.m. at Sugar House Park): Outdoor Social/Long Term Care and Wilderness First Response Overview (MRC Meeting)
- September 21: Wound Kit Preparation
- October 5: Triage Bag Inventory (tentative)
- October 19: Burn Unit Trainings
- October 25: Project Homeless Connect
- November 9: Capstone Course (MRC Meeting and Exercise) and Awards and Dinner
Online MRC Trainings
- UtahResponds: Your volunteer account, you can login and change your profile, add and update credentials and more. This account is used for deployment, and MRC emails.
- UTrain: Most trainings on public health, and emergency management are posted on this website. You can login and register for other classes through this system as well.
Medical Reserve Corps Websites
- MRC at HHS: You can login and view our unit's reports, look up contact information, and view unit activities
- MRC Volunteer: Provides a host of trainings and other resources for MRC volunteers