Nurse-Family Partnership is an evidenced-based, nurse home visiting program that improves the health, well-being, and self-sufficiency of low-income, first-time parents and their children.
Home visiting nurses work with their clients to:
- Improve pregnancy outcomes
- Improve child health and development
- Improve the economic self-sufficiency of the family
The program is free to enrolled families.
To qualify for the Nurse-Family Partnership program, you must:
- Meet income guidelines (WIC-level guidelines)
- Be a first-time mother
- Be a resident of Salt Lake County
- Enroll before week 28 of your pregnancy*
*Please enroll as early in the pregnancy as possible. The nurse must be able to make a home visit before the 28th week of pregnancy.
Once enrolled, the nurse will make home-visits to your family at the following frequency:
- Weekly for the first 4 weeks
- Every other week until the child is born
- Weekly again for 6 weeks
- Every other week until the child is 21 months old
- Monthly until the child is 2 years old