Becoming a mom for the first time can be a lot to handle, so wouldn’t it be nice to have your own expert nurse to help you on your journey?
Nurse Family Partnership is a free program for eligible women who are pregnant with their first baby. Enrolled moms are connected to a registered nurse who will provide the support, advice, and information you need to have a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby, and to be a great mom. Contact us to learn more.
To qualify for the Nurse-Family Partnership program, you must:
- Meet income guidelines (WIC-level guidelines)
- Be a first-time mother
- Be a resident of Salt Lake County
- Enroll before week 28 of your pregnancy*
*Please enroll as early in the pregnancy as possible. The nurse must be able to make a home visit before the 28th week of pregnancy.
Once enrolled, the nurse will make home-visits to your family at the following frequency:
- Weekly for the first 4 weeks
- Every other week until the child is born
- Weekly again for 6 weeks
- Every other week until the child is 21 months old
- Monthly until the child is 2 years old