Skip to main content

Mass Gathering Permits

요도구“료 •(국寸 듬!t“뇨. 요도구“료 •(국寸 듬!t“뇨.

Do I Need a Mass Gathering Permit?

Events that attract a large number of people (including, but not limited to, fairs, festivals, demonstrations, parades, “fun runs,” and concerts) must adequately meet restroom, first aid, waste disposal, and other requirements.

To ensure that event organizers meet these important needs, the health department requires organizers of large events to have a mass gathering permit. A health department mass gathering permit is required in addition to any municipal permits required by the city where your event will take place.

You need a health department mass gathering permit if your event or gathering:

  • lasts more than 2 hours and
  • will be attended by more than 500 people

You are generally not required to get a mass gathering permit for events held:

  • indoors (note, however, that indoor events must not exceed the building capacity as determined by the fire marshal)
  • in outdoor facilities specifically designed for large gatherings (such as stadiums)

When Do I Need to Apply?

You must apply for your permit at least 30 calendar days prior to the event to avoid a late fee.

What If My Event Includes Food?

If your gathering includes food service, each food booth must obtain their own temporary food booth permit.

How Do I Apply?

To apply for a mass gathering permit, submit a completed application to If you have any questions, please contact us at 385-468-3845.

Application fees are based on the gathering’s attendance; applications received fewer than 30 days before the gathering are subject to a late fee.

Application fees apply to all gatherings, regardless of sponsoring organization or circumstances; waivers are not granted.