Waste haulers transport various types of waste from one location to the proper recycling or final disposal facility. The health department regulates and inspects licensed waste haulers, including those who handle
- infectious medical waste
- liquid waste
- solid waste, including waste tires
To obtain a waste hauler permit, you must:
- Submit a permit application. USE ONLY THE FREE ADOBE ACROBAT READER TO COMPLETE AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION. Some web browser PDF viewers may not properly submit your application.
- Obtain the correct insurance for the type of waste you are hauling.
- Submit a written safety plan for review and approval.
- Pay the annual permit fee ($215 for up to 5 permitted vehicles; $30 for each additional vehicle).
- Pass the health department’s inspection.
- Install required signage and permit placard on your truck(s).
Please note that waste processors/recyclers must also be permitted by SLCoHD.