Programs and Events
June: Men’s Health Month Events
Focus on common men’s health concerns (i.e. accidents, heart health, preventative care, COPD, mental health). Activities focus on improving prevention behaviors, reducing risks, and increasing education/awareness through hosted events throughout the County.
July-Aug: 4 week Physical Activity Tracker Program
Focus on increasing physical activity to the ACSM and CDC recommendations of 30 minutes/5 days a week. Activities include weekly educational newsletters focusing on fun physical activities, benefits of being active, overcoming barriers, etc.
Tracker allows participants to “choose their intensity” by offering multiple “tracks” of progress
Aug-Sept: 4 week Fruit and Vegetable Tracker Program
Focus on increasing fruit and vegetable consumption to 5+/day (CDC recommendation). Activities include weekly educational newsletters focusing on local resources, recipes, preparation tips, storage tips, farmer’s markets, and strategies to increase consumption.
October: Breast Cancer Awareness Month Events
Focus on increasing preventative mammography and awareness of Breast Cancer. Activities include events hosted throughout the County to increase awareness. Mobile mammography vans are present at the GC for screenings.
November: Diabetes Care and Prevention Program and Events
Focus on the self-management of diabetes and prevention of type 2. Activities include weekly informational/educational newsletters, A1C screenings.
December: 6-week Tracker Program and Events
Focus on overall wellness during a high stress season. Activities include weekly informational/educational newsletters, weekly challenges focusing on the six dimensions of wellness.
Healthy Lifestyles offers a variety of classes to aid in your quest for health. Completing these classes will also earn you Healthy Lifestyle points!
Healthy Lifestyles is excited to offer our Just Health class! Come join us once a week for 8-10 weeks to discover the bigger picture of health. Learn about goal setting, intuitive eating, body image, nutrition, being active, managing stress, and much more! Interested? Email Healthy Lifestyles for more information!
Receive 150 Healthy Lifestyle Points*
This is a 6-week program that meets once a week for two and a half hours in community settings such as senior centers, churches, libraries and hospitals. People with different chronic health problems attend together. Workshops are facilitated by two trained leaders, one or both of whom are non-health professionals with a chronic diseases themselves.
Subjects covered include:
- Techniques for frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
- Appropriate exercise to maintain and improve strength
- Appropriate use of medications and proper nutrition
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health, professionals
- How to evaluate new treatments
More about Living Well and the research supporting it.
Who should come?
Anyone with an ongoing condition such as:
- Chronic Joint Pain
- Kidney Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- COPD or Emphysema
- Chronic Pain
- or others
Class time and locations? Find a workshop near you.
Receive 150 Healthy Lifestyle Points*
TheUtah Tobacco Quit Line is a free support service for tobacco users and loved ones of tobacco users. It is able to adapt your lifestyle and your schedule to help you stay on the right track. It is also online! This means, no appointments, childcare or transportation. Lines are open every day 24/7.
- English 1-800-QUIT-NOW
- Spanish 1-877-629-1585
- TTY 1-877-777-6534
Other Approved Health Classes
please contact Healthy Lifestyle’s with class name for approval.
- Medical Exam Form: Earn points by receiving recommended exams listed on this form. Points vary based on type of exam. If you forget this form, we will also accept other proof from your doctor's office.
- Flu Shot Form (25 pts)
- Health Class Form (150 pts): Contact Healthy Lifestyles to see if you are eligible.
- Tobacco Cessation Class Form (150 pts)
- Living Well with Chronic Conditions (150pts)
- " Living Well Form" (150 pts): Learn to live well with your chronic condition, alongside your caregiver, and/or spouse. Free classes are held throughout the valley. o receive credit, submit a copy of your certificate of completion to Healthy Lifestyles using one of the suggested methods in "How to Turn in Your Forms" (above).
- Tobacco Free Verification Form: Earn $330 by quitting tobacco for 11 consecutive months.
How to Turn in Your Forms
Email: Please scan or take a picture of your form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courrier: Deliver to Healthy Lifestyles - Department Government Center S2-600
- Fax: Attn: Healthy Lifestyles - 385.468.4096
- Via Wellsteps: Upload as an attachment to the activity
- Drop box: Place paper copies in the drop box located outside the Healthy Me clinic at the Government Center (S2-500)
*Remember your forms must be turned in a minimum of 7 days before your scheduled clinic date! We are not able to accept any forms at your appointment.*