SL Lightning Select
Salt Lake Lightning Competitive Travel Program
2018-19 Lightning information will be posted by April 2018.
LIGHTNING PROGRAM CORE VALUES:
- The Lightning program is centered on the development of each player on the team through equal play, age appropriate training and a grounded learning environment.
- The Lightning program is about teaching the lessons of life such as sportsmanship, hard work, citizenship, respect for authority, leadership and how to successfully work in a group setting.
- Each Lightning team assigned a minimum of 1 community service activity during the season.
- The Lightning is a cost effective entry level travel team program that is centered around the experience of an ELP (extended learning program) for kids that are motivated, competitive, and want to play in an advanced playing environment. We feel very strongly that regardless of the level of play, the hockey experience should be fun and rewarding.
- We encourage our players to be multi-sport athletes and to participate in sports year round.
2017-18 Head Coaches
- Squirt A: Kelly Beck
- Squirt B: Joe Romero
- Pee-wee A: Bill Kerig
- Pee-wee B: Eric Capps
- Bantam A: Greg Doucette
- Lady Lightning 12U: Scott Nelson
- Lady Lightning 14U: Danny Frederick
2017-18 Team Fees
- Squirt A, Pee-wee A, Bantam A: $1300 (plus jerseys)
- Squirt B and Pee-wee B: $675
- Lady Lightning 12U and 14U: $575
For questions regarding the Lightning program, contact Shannon Schmidt at (385) 468-1918
Related articles about youth hockey and travel teams