2020 Homeless Point in Time Count
What is the Point in Time Count?
The Point in Time Count is an annual count of homeless persons that takes place during January of each year.
2020 Point in Time – January 22, 2020
Why we count:
- Find homeless persons living on the streets and gather information in order to connect them with available services.
- Help policymakers and program administrators set benchmarks to measure progress toward the goal of ending homelessness.
- Help plan services and programs to appropriately address local needs, identify strengths and gaps in a community’s current homelessness assistance system.
- Inform public opinion, increase public awareness, and attract resources.
- Create the most reliable estimate of people experiencing homelessness throughout Utah.
Information regarding the Statewide count can be found here.