Public Notices and Comments
Housing and Community Developement - Public Notices
WHAT: Salt Lake County is releasing the RFA for the 2023-2024 HOME Investment Partnership Program
WHEN: Applications will be available on or about Tuesday, January 31, 2023
WHERE: Applications will only be accepted through ZoomGrantsTM, the County’s online grant management system. The application can be accessed in ZoomGrantsTM at:
2023-2024 HOME Investment Partnership Program (TBRA and Rehabilitation)
2023-2024 HOME Investment Partnership Program (Rental Housing)
The links will also be available on the County’s website at www.slco.org/hcd
The Salt Lake County Division of Housing and Community Development (HCD) is releasing the RFA for HOME Investment Partnership Program on or about Tuesday, January 31, 2023. This funding is through the U.S Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD).
MANDATORY HOME RFA TRAINING will be held on February 8, 2023, at 1:00pm. Applicants may join at the Salt Lake County Government Center in room S2-950, 20001 South State Street, Salt Lake City or online via Webex. Please register using the link if you want to join online: register here. If you have trouble registering, you can join through this link:
https://slco.webex.com/slco/j.php?MTID=m04109935e7b115ec49571a8a21213ae3 (Password: HOME2023)
For more information or to receive the information session recording, please contact Jennifer Jimenez by phone (385-468-4944) or email (email@example.com).
Completed applications must be submitted via ZoomGrantsTM by 11:59 PM MST on Friday, February 24, 2023
Hard copy application or late applications will not be accepted.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services or alternate formats) for individuals with disabilities may be provided upon receipt of a request with five working days’ notice. To expedite accommodation requests and coordination, call 385-468-4900 or 385-468-4893. TTY user’s: 711
WHAT: Salt Lake County will host a public hearing to facilitate and encourage citizen participation during the development of its HOME ARP allocation proposal, which will provide for the distribution of $6,213,428.00 of federal funds to address the continued impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the economy, public health, State and local governments, individuals, and businesses. Funds are to address the need for housing, shelter and services to specific qualifying populations (QPs). These four QPs are:
- Homeless as Defined in 24 CFR 91.5
- At risk of Homelessness as defined in 24 CFR 91.5
- Fleeing, or attempting to Flee, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assult, Stalking, or Human Trafficking
- Other populations who do not qualify under any of the populations above but meet one of the following criteria:
- Other Families Requiring Services of Housing Assistance to Prevent Homelessness
- Those At Greatest Risk of Housing Instability
Activities that can be undertaken with the funding can only be one of the following:
- Produce or preserve affordable housing
- Provide Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
- Provide supportive services, including services defined at 24 CFR 578.53(e), homeless prevention services, and housing counseling,
- Purchase and develop non-congregate shelter or can be converted to; emergency shelter, permanent housing, or affordable housing.
This public hearing is an opportunity for citizens to learn more about the HOME ARP program, including what activities are eligible, the amount of funds that are available, and who will qualify.
WHEN: Public Hearing: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 • 4:00pm – 5:30pm
WHERE: Salt Lake County will be facilitating a hybrid Public Hearing which will include options for both in-person and virtual attendance via WebEx. Additional information on participation options may be found at www.slco.org.
- In-Person Attendance: County Council Chambers, 2001 South State Street, First Floor, North Building, Room N1-100.
The Salt Lake County Government Center is ADA accessible. Accessible parking and entrance are available on the east side of the north building. Accessible parking is also available on the east side of the south building.
- Virtual Attendance: Join from the Webex meeting link
Meeting number (access code): 2489 403 9423
Meeting password: Vawk2CzVJ72
Join by phone at 1-213-306-3065 United States Toll
Following the Public Hearing, a separate Public Notice will be posted announcing the start of the Public Comment Period which will be open for a 30-day period. The Salt Lake County HOME-ARP Allocation Proposal will be released at the start of the Public Comment period. The public comment period will begin on or about February 9, 2023.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY PROGRAM
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services or alternate formats) for individuals with disabilities may be provided upon receipt of a request with five working days’ notice. To expedite accommodation requests and coordination, call 385-468-4900. TTY/TDD users should call 7-1-1.
Other Links and Documents
- Fiscal Year 2021 - 2022 Funding Recommendations
- Salt Lake County Fiscal Year 2021 Draft Action Plan - Executive Summary
- CARES Act Federal Funding for Community Development Block Grant Coronavirus (CDBG-CV) and Emergency Solutions Grant Coronavirus (ESG-CV) Funding Recommendations
- CARES Act: COVID-19 Response Awards (Final)
- Afterschool Projects Approved for Funding (2019-2020 Contracts)
- Federally Funded 2019-2020 Projects (Contracts)
- Federally Funded 2020-2021 Projects (Final)
Quick link: Boards, Advisory Councils, and Committees information
In compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations (including auxiliary communicative aids and services or alternate formats) for individuals with disabilities or those in need of language interpretation services may be provided upon receipt of a request with five working days’ notice. To expedite accommodation requests and coordination, call 385-468-4900.
TTY user’s: 711.