Salt Lake County offers two medical networks (IHC or non-IHC) and two types of plans (Traditional PPO or High Deductible). The county also pays a significant portion of the premium.
- PEHP Member Guide: How to Maximize your Benefits
- Find a Summit Provider
Know Before You Go: Maximize your savings
- 2020 PEHP Master Policy
- 2020 PEHP Benefit Summary
- High Deductible Summary of Benefit Coverage (SBC)
- Traditional PPO Summary Benefit Coverage (SBC)
- PEHP Preferred Drug List (includes preventive prescriptions)
- PEHP Enhanced Rx Program and Enhanced Rx Form
PEHP SBC Glossary
- SelectHealth Medical Providers
- High Deductible
- Traditional PPO
- SelectCare Plus PPO (For those residing outside Utah)
- 2019 MedPlus PPO Summary Plan Description
- 2019 MedPlus HDHP Summary Plan Description
- 2019 CarePlus PPO Summary Plan Description
- 2019 CarePlus HDHP Summary Plan Description
- High Deductible Summary of Benefit Coverage (SBC) MedPlus
- Traditional PPO Summary of Benefit Coverage (SBC) MedPlus
- High Deductible Summary of Benefit Coverage (SBC) CarePlus*
- Traditional PPO Summary of Benefit Coverage (SBC) CarePlus*
- Preventive Prescription List
- Preventive Care Services
- SelectHealth mail order pharmacy
- SelectHealth mail order enrollment form
- SelectHealth Pregnancy Program
- Need an ID Card? Visit www.selecthhealth.org>Log in to "My Health">Insurance>Coverage > View
*Care Network is exclusively for those living outside Utah
Cigna Dental will not send you a dental card in the mail. Once you have completed your enrollment and Cigna has received your elections, you are encouraged to login to Cigna.com and set up a personal account.
You can obtain your ID number by calling 800-244-6224, or your provider can do that for you when you schedule your appointment. Salt Lake County group number is 3341161
Cigna Dental PPO offers a national network and competitive discounts. Get the highest annual benefit and the lowest out-of-pocket cost by using a Cigna PPO Advantage provider. When looking for a contracted provider, it's best to refer to the Cigna site or contact customer service. Many dental providers will take Cigna insurance, but that doesn't mean they have actually contracted with Cigna. One way to ensure you're getting the best benefit is to ask your provider if they will accept Cigna Advantage payments as payment in full. If the answer is "no", you know you could receive a better benefit from another provider.
Salt Lake County offers a pro-rated cash contribution to your Health Savings Account (HSA). Within two payroll periods after enrollment, county contributes up to a prorated $600 for single coverage and up to $1,200 for family coverage. In addition, you can earn up to an additional $225 Employee)/$550 (Employee +Spouse/Adult Designee) in contributions for participating in wellness activities such as a flu shot, your annual exam, and completing the Healthy Lifestyles Health Assessment (PHA).
Remember, in order to receive the additional wellness incentives, you must be a Healthy Lifestyles participant and consent to share your PHI (Protected Health Information).
You are encouraged to set up your personal Optum Bank account to help you manage your funds, review investments, and understand the details of your HSA. Set up your account by visiting OptumBank.com about 10 days after you have made your enrollment election.
- Learn about the County's Health SavingsAccount
- Optum H S A Calculators
- Optum HSA User Guide
- HSA: A Smart Way to Save
- HSA Check-up
- HSA FAQ
- Optimize your HSA
- HSA example
- IRS Publication 969
FSA allows you to pay for qualified medical, dental and vision expenses using pre-tax dollars. FSA plans come with precautions. You can elect up to $2,750 annually, and must substantiate your expenses with an EOB (Explanation of Benefits). Flex funds are "use or lose" so ensure you've elected an amount you feel comfortable you can spend in the year.
A Dependent Daycare Spending Account (DCAP) is a great way to save tax dollars on daycare expenses for your qualified dependents. By using your DCAP you can elect pre-tax deductions of up to $5,000 annually per household.
- Complete the Claim form and have your daycare provider sign it. You only need to do this once per benefit year.
- Complete the Direct Deposit Form
Limited Purpose Flex Spending (LFSA) allows additional tax savings for those enrolled in the HSA. You can contribute up to $2,750 to this account. The LFSA is restricted to dental and vision expenses.
It's important to set up your ASI Flex account online at asiflex.com in order to receive important notifications from ASI.
In many cases, ASI Flex will ask for documentation to substantiate a claim. If you receive a request or notification that information is needed, please send appropriate documentation for the claim. A claim form with an itemized receipt or an EOB from the provider which details the expense, and can be uploaded through your ASI Flex online account.
Flex Spending Plans are regulated by the IRS, and you should keep your documentation for every expense. You are encouraged to set up an ASIFlex account about 10 days after you have made your enrollment elections. This is the easiest way to upload claims, monitor your account balances, and receive important notifications from ASI Flex.
Salt Lake County offers group term life insurance through PEHP. To enroll, change beneficiaries or apply for additional coverage, please visit PEHP.org.
Salt Lake County offers Short-Term on a voluntary basis, where employees pay 100% of the premium. For more information about enrollment, coverage, or how to file a claim, contact The Hartford at 800-549-6514 and reference Policy Number 402832
- Enroll through "Self Service" in PeopleSoft
- Short-Term Disability Rates
- My Tomorrow
- Short-Term Disability FAQ
- How to file a Short-Term Disability claim
- 2020 Short-Term Disability Booklet
- Short-Term Disability is available during open enrollment. For newly hired employees, you may enroll without a waiting period for most claims within 31 days of your hire date.
Long-Term Disability is offered to County employees and 100% of premium is paid by Salt Lake County. For more information or to apply for the program, contact The Hartford at 800-549-6514.
Hartford offers other benefits too!
Salt Lake County offers coverage to a non-spouse or adult designee. An adult designee can be your significant other to whom you are not married or a family member with whom you share a relationship. In order to qualify, you and your designee must meet certain criteria which includes neither of you being married to someone else, over age 18, and joint expenses . Remember, the IRS taxes an "imputed value" to this benefit, which will include an additional cost to your paycheck. For more information please email email@example.com or call 385-468-0580.
Imputed income is the taxable amount an employee is pays when adding an adult designee or the children of an adult designee to coverage.
If your most recent hire date is prior to December 31, 2012, you may be eligible for a county subsidy for the PEHP Medicare Supplement plan when you turn age 65.
The Benefits Team is unable to give you advice about Medicare eligibility or coverage, but here are several resources.
- Salt Lake County Aging Services
- Medicare and You
- My Medicare
- Medicare Decisions
- Deciding to Enroll?
- Nearing Age 65 and Looking for Answers?
- Over 65 and Planning to Retire?
- Not sure about Medicare? Contact 800-633-4227. You may be automatically enrolled in Medicare if you are receiving disability benefits through Social Security OR are receiving Social Security benefits. If you're not sure, we advise you to contact Medicare at the number above or contact County Aging and Adult Services.