Salt Lake County offers two medical networks, SelectHealth (IHC) and PEHP (non-IHC). Each network has two types of plans (Traditional PPO or High Deductible). The county pays the entire premium if you enroll in the HDHP plan and a significant portion of the Traditional plan's premium.
DOWNLOAD YOUR GUIDE TO LEARN MORE
Tips to Help You Achieve Mental Wellness
Join PEHP Wellness Specialist Emily Yeates as she discusses common mental health issues and provides tips on how to overcome them. Watch one or all of them!
- Burnout, Fatigue, and What to Do About It
- Managing Anxiety & Worry
- Understanding & Managing Depression
- Suicide Prevention: Starting a Conversation
- Qualities and Traits of Resilient People
Get more helpful information on mental health at the PEHP mental health care and resources page.
- PEHP Member Guide Video: How to Maximize your Benefits
- Know Before You Go: Maximize your savings
- High Deductible Summary of Benefit Coverage (SBC)
- Traditional PPO Summary Benefit Coverage (SBC)
- PEHP Preferred Drug List (includes preventive prescriptions)
- PEHP Enhanced Rx Program and Enhanced Rx Form
- SelectHealth- Here to Help You
- Expanded TeleHealth
- Provider Locations Map
- 7 Tips to Keep Haelthcare Costs Low
- Know Before You Fill: Maximize your Rx savings
- High Deductible
- Traditional PPO
- Healthy Beginnings for the healthiest pregnancy possible
- High Deductible Summary of Benefit Coverage (SBC) MedPlus
- Traditional PPO Summary of Benefit Coverage (SBC) MedPlus
- High Deductible Summary of Benefit Coverage (SBC) CarePlus*
- Traditional PPO Summary of Benefit Coverage (SBC) CarePlus*
- Preventive Prescription List
- Preventive Care Services
- SelectHealth mail order pharmacy
- SelectHealth mail order enrollment form
- Need an ID Card? Visit www.selecthhealth.org>Log in to "My Health">Insurance>Coverage > View
*Care Network is exclusively for those living outside Utah
Once you have completed your enrollment and Cigna has received your elections, check out this video to learn about the CIGNA.COM, setting up your online account, finding a dentist and much more!
You can obtain your ID number by calling 800-244-6224, or your provider can do that for you when you schedule your appointment. Salt Lake County group number is 3341161
Cigna Dental PPO offers a national network and competitive discounts. Get the highest annual benefit and the lowest out-of-pocket cost by using a Cigna PPO Advantage provider. When looking for a contracted provider, it's best to refer to the Cigna site or contact customer service. Many dental providers will take Cigna insurance, but that doesn't mean they have actually contracted with Cigna. One way to ensure you're getting the best benefit is to ask your provider if they will accept Cigna Advantage payments as payment in full. If the answer is "no", you know you could receive a better benefit from another provider.
Think of an HSA as a savings plan for health care you’ll need today, tomorrow and into the future. It works like a regular bank account, but you don’t pay federal income tax on the money you deposit. When you use your HSA money to pay for qualified medical expenses, you won’t pay income taxes on the money, either. You even build your savings into a nest egg for retirement.
Visit optumbank.com for more details!
- HSA Qualified Expenses
- Optum H S A Calculators
- Optum HSA User Guide
- HSA: A Smart Way to Save
- HSA Check-up
- HSA FAQ
- Optimize your HSA
- HSA example
- IRS Publication 969
- Spanish: FAQs
- Spanish: Introduction to HSA
FSA allows you to pay for qualified medical, dental and vision expenses using pre-tax dollars. FSA plans come with precautions. You can elect up to $2,750 annually, and must substantiate your expenses with an EOB (Explanation of Benefits). Flex funds are "use or lose" so ensure you've elected an amount you feel comfortable you can spend in the year.
A Dependent Daycare Spending Account (DCAP) is a great way to save tax dollars on daycare expenses for your qualified dependents. By using your DCAP you can elect pre-tax deductions of up to $5,000 annually per household.
- Complete the Claim form and have your daycare provider sign it. You only need to do this once per benefit year.
- Complete the Direct Deposit Form
Limited Purpose Flex Spending (LFSA) allows additional tax savings for those enrolled in the HSA. You can contribute up to $2,750 to this account. The LFSA is restricted to dental and vision expenses.
It's important to set up your ASI Flex account online at asiflex.com in order to receive important notifications from ASI.
In many cases, ASI Flex will ask for documentation to substantiate a claim. If you receive a request or notification that information is needed, please send appropriate documentation for the claim. A claim form with an itemized receipt or an EOB from the provider which details the expense, and can be uploaded through your ASI Flex online account.
Flex Spending Plans are regulated by the IRS, and you should keep your documentation for every expense. You are encouraged to set up an ASIFlex account about 10 days after you have made your enrollment elections. This is the easiest way to upload claims, monitor your account balances, and receive important notifications from ASI Flex.
Salt Lake County offers group term life insurance through PEHP.
All benefit eligible employees receive basic life insurance at the coverage level of $25,000 (up to age 70) at no cost.
You’ll receive an additional $50,000 Line-of-Duty Death Benefit and an additional $10,000 Accidental Death Benefit, subject to the provisions of PEHP Group Accidental Plan at no extra cost.
Enrollment in these plans is automatic. BUT, you must log in to PEHP and designate beneficiaries.
To enroll, change beneficiaries or apply for additional coverage, please visit PEHP.org.2021 PEHP Life&Accident Brochure with Rates.pdf
Salt Lake County offers Short-Term on a voluntary basis, where employees pay 100% of the premium. For more information about enrollment, coverage, or how to file a claim, contact The Hartford at 800-549-6514 and reference Policy Number 402832
- Enroll through "Self Service" in PeopleSoft
- Short-Term Disability Rates
- Hartford Short Term Disability Flex
- How to file a Short-Term Disability claim
- Short-Term Disability Booklet
- Short-Term Disability is available during open enrollment. For newly hired employees, you may enroll without a waiting period for most claims within 31 days of your hire date.
Long-Term Disability is offered to County employees and 100% of premium is paid by Salt Lake County. For more information or to apply for the program, contact The Hartford at 800-549-6514.
Hartford offers other benefits too!
Salt Lake County offers coverage to a non-spouse or adult designee. An adult designee can be your significant other to whom you are not married or a family member with whom you share a relationship. In order to qualify, you and your designee must meet certain criteria which includes neither of you being married to someone else, over age 18, and joint expenses . Remember, the IRS taxes an "imputed value" to this benefit, which will include an additional cost to your paycheck. For more information please email email@example.com or call 385-468-0580.
Imputed income is the taxable amount an employee is pays when adding an adult designee or the children of an adult designee to coverage.
If your most recent hire date is prior to December 31, 2012, you may be eligible for a county subsidy for the PEHP Medicare Supplement plan when you turn age 65.
The Benefits Team is unable to give you advice about Medicare eligibility or coverage, but here are several resources.
- Salt Lake County Aging Services
- Medicare and You
- Medicare and You (Spanish)
- My Medicare Login
- Medicare Decisions
- Deciding to Enroll?
- Nearing Age 65 and Looking for Answers?
- Over 65 and Planning to Retire?
- Not sure about Medicare? Contact 800-633-4227. You may be automatically enrolled in Medicare if you are receiving disability benefits through Social Security OR are receiving Social Security benefits. If you're not sure, we advise you to contact Medicare at the number above or contact County Aging and Adult Services.
Please see below links for more 2021 Benefit Information