Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of the Office of Data & Innovation (ODI)?
To provide employees and managers with training, tools, and support to develop their use of data. This data can be used to drive performance and impact, and can be made available to our community in the spirit of accountability and transparent government.
What skills can ODI help me with?
internal and external communication through ‘data storytelling’.
- Data storytelling is a structured approach for communicating data insights, and it involves a combination of three key elements: data, visuals, and narrative.
- Strategic planning and organizing
- Process mapping and analysis
- Data identification and collection
- Surveying and customer connection
- Visualization methods and reporting
What happened to MIMs?
We are still doing them!
Our process has evolved and changed to meet our customer needs. Our MIMs meetings are now customized and developed to meet each of the Division/Agency needs.
The time commitment to MIMs is dependent on the services needed and the resources our clients have available for the project. These meeting can be a simple as a few sit downs to develop a process map to improve a specific problem/workflow. Or as in depth as a full process/workflow analysis to identify useful data for the agency and assistance with collecting it and analyzing it.
We are here to improve your daily work through data utilization!
How do I begin working with the ODI?
We would love to set up a meeting and see what we can do to improve your data world!