Liberty Lightning Swim Team
Days and Times:
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs:
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Liberty Park Pool
Sparks (introduction to swim team)
- Morning Practices Monday - Thursday 9:00 - 10:00 AM (2 lanes)
- Pre-Requisites: Swimmers must have passed swim school green, or be able to swim 25 yards with a 1-2-3 breath pattern.
- Lane 1 focus is Freestyle and Backstroke technique.
- Lane 2 focus is Butterfly and Breaststroke technique. Lane 2 can also register for Jr. Lightning.
Jr Lightning (beginners) prerequisites:
- Morning Practices Monday - Thursday 9:00 - 10:00 AM (3 lanes)
- Pre-Requisites: Swimmers must be able to swim 25 yards (1 length of pool) Freestyle without rhythmic side breathing.
- Must also be able to swim 25 yards backstroke.
Lightning (advanced) prerequisites:
- Morning Practices Monday - Thursday 8:00 - 9:00 AM (5 lanes)
- Pre-Requisites: Swimmers must be able to confidently swim 50 yards of each competitive stroke.
Tryouts: Friday, June 7st 5:30-7 PM - IF Your or your child can not make it to tryouts on June 7th, please come to the date and time you would like for your child to participate on. The coaches can asses swimmers on ____ and June ___ as needed.
- June: 10-27
- July: 1-23 (no practice 3, 4, 24)
- August: July 29-Aug 18
Sign up for a M/W Session or T/Th Session:
- M/W Lightning 8:00-9:00 AM
- M/W Jr Lightning 9:00-10:00 AM
- M/W Sparks 9-10 am
- T/Th Lightning 8:00-9:00 AM
- T/Th Jr Lightning 9:00-10:00 AM
- T/Th Sparks 9-10 am
- $3.00 per day per practice
2019 Summer Swim Meets
- Entries due to coaches June 18th
- Location: South county outdoor pool 12765 South 1125 W. Riverton Utah
- Warm up 8:00, Meet starts at 8:30 am
- BRING: Water, low back lawn chairs, hats
- July 20
- Entries due July 16
- Location: Slat Lake City Sports Complex. 645 South Guardsman Way (1550 East).
- Warms up at 9:30 am, meet starts at 10 am
- Bring low back chairs, sun protection and water
- August 10th
- Entries are due to coaches August 6th
- Location: Fairmont Aquatic Center 1044 East Sugarmont Drive (2225 South)
- Warm up at 8 am, meet start at 9 am
- WARNING: Parking is a nightmare. Car pool or drop off child and then find parking. Bring water, there is a snack machine on site and great restaurants near by.
- Parents must sit in balcony (no parents on deck). Please dress in t-shirts and shorts to be comfortable
Price is per month, Must sign up for month long sessions
(385) 468-1540 /Email
Fairmont Aquatic Center:
liberty Park Pool :