VOLUNTEER COACHES NEEDED!
Volunteer Coaches are our programs' greatest assets. We encourage parents to get involved and assist their child and others in having a positive and fun experience in the sport of their choice. We request that groups of 3 or more participants registering together provide a coach for their team. Please make sure that you fill in your name, phone number and e-mail in the coaches box of your child's registration form. A 50%-off voucher for future qualifying sports programs is available for head coaches once they have passed the Coaches Certification Program and has completed the season as a head coach.
Parents interested in coaching youth sports programs must submit the Coaches Volunteer Packet once a year, which includes the permission to run a background check. Please print this packet, fill it out, and return it to the front desk.
Save the form(s) to your computer to enable the filling of fields feature.
COACH CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
The Coaches Certification Program is available to educate coaches on the expectations of Salt Lake County. The purpose of this certification program is for children's safety, developing coaching skills, teaching good sportsmanship, and making sure that all coaches receive the same information.
This program is done online, and requires the coach to have a google account.
Coach Certification Process/Instructions
1. All Coaches Certification applicants need to complete training online.
Coach Certification Program
2. After completing the training, coaches will receive a completion certificate via the email address that they supplied. The certificate is for the coach only and can only be used as verification if the coach is not listed in the master database due to technical error.
3. The certification is good for 2 years from the completion date and will be noted on the master lists.
Rules and Regulations for the Coaches Certification/Voucher
- Coaches Certifications are good for two (2) years from completion date
- Only Certified Head Coaches will receive a voucher after each season
- All vouchers are valid for one (1) year from the date of issue
- At no time are vouchers to be given to coaches prior to completing the season
- There is no limit to the number of vouchers a coach can receive in a year
- The voucher is worth a total of 50% off a future qualifying youth sports program (see below)
- Vouchers can be used for youth programs regardless of the total fee amount due and regardless of other qualifying discounts (i.e. coaches can qualify for free/reduced/scholarship and use the coaching voucher).
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash. A Voucher can only be used one time and for one qualifying youth sports program (see below)
- Multiple vouchers cannot be combined for additional reduction of the youth sports fee. Only one voucher allowed per individual registration.
- Vouchers will not be replaced if lost or stolen
- Vouchers must be presented and surrendered at the time of redemption
- Vouchers can be redeemed at any participating Salt Lake County Recreation Facility
- Coaches participating, instigating, and/or having any knowledge of actions or conduct contrary to the Salt Lake County Training Guidelines and/or Salt Lake County Coaching Policies and Procedures can be subject to disciplinary action, including the loss of their coaching certificate and any vouchers received.
- Qualifying Youth Sports Programs:
Tee-Ball, Flag Football, Youth basketball, Youth Soccer, Girl’s Softball, and Volleyball