June 16, 2020
$40 million Small Business Impact Grant program now accepting applications
SALT LAKE COUNTY – Salt Lake County’s new Small Business Impact Grant (SBIG) program is now open and accepting applications.
The $40 million program, funded through the County’s CARES Act allocation, is intended to aid Salt Lake County businesses most severely debilitated during COVID-19 that have been unable to secure financial aid thus far during the pandemic. Grant amounts will vary based on documented losses and COVID-related expenses, up to $35,000. Complete applications from eligible businesses will be processed in the order they are received until the fund is exhausted.
Key SBIG program eligibility requirements include:
• Businesses must have been operating prior to Jan. 1, 2020
• Businesses must have fewer than 100 employees
• Business must have been directly impacted due to the Public Health Orders; a list of industries eligible is available at slco.org/covid-19/economy/grants
• Businesses must not have already received financial aid through federal, state, or local COVID-19 programs funded through the CARES Act
Application support is available in Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese and Arabic, with print FAQs also available for download in these languages. Interested applicants, who would like to apply but need assistance, can call the Business Relief Hotline at (385) 468-4011. Those hours are as follows:
• Spanish: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday
• Mandarin: 5-8 p.m. Monday, 1-8 p.m. Tuesday-Friday
o 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday-Tuesday
o Noon-4 p.m. Wednesday
o 9 a.m.-Noon Thursday-Friday
• Arabic: By appointment. Call to schedule.
• English: 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday
For more information about the SBIG program, businesses can visit slco.org.