Salt Lake County has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for the prompt and equitable resolution of grievances. Any person, whether a member of the general public, an applicant for employment or an employee who feels that he or she has been discriminated against or denied equal access to employment, programs, services or activities offered or sponsored by Salt Lake County may file a complaint with the:
ADA/504 Program Coordinator
Human Resources Division
2001 S. State St., N 4-700
Salt Lake City, Utah 84190
385/468-0570, TTY users should call 7-1-1
Your complaint should be in writing, preferably typed or printed neatly, dated, signed, and should include the following information:
- your name;
- your address, and your home and work telephone numbers;
- an email address, if you prefer to receive electronic communications;
- the name(s) and address(es) of the person(s) and/or establishment you believe to have discriminated against you;
- a description of the act(s) of discrimination. This should include the date and place of the action(s), and what you believe to be the basis for discrimination; and
- the name(s), address(es), and telephone number(s) of any person(s) with information concerning your complaint.
Filing a grievance with the ADA/504 Program Coordinator (or her/his designee) does not prevent a person from filing a complaint with the:
Office for Civil Rights, Region VIII
US Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Ave, S.W.
Room 509F, HHH Bldg.
Washington, D.C. 20201
Phone: (800) 368-1019
FAX: (303) 844-2025
TDD: (800) 537-7697