In accordance with the State’s Utah Together plan and guidance from the Salt Lake County Health Department, we are moving forward with a phased re-opening of park amenities and recreation facilities. In order to ensure the safety of patrons and staff, each recreation facility will be operated under new modified operating procedures in compliance with current state health guidelines. All parks and recreation amenities will be subject to social distancing guidelines and dependent on the local status in the State’s plan.
Please see specific updates below for Golf, Recreation, Parks, and Programs. More information will be posted as it is available.
6/5/20 - The following centers are now open under modified operations:
County Ice Center (Murray)
Dimple Dell Recreation Center (Sandy)
Fairmont Aquatic Center (Salt Lake City)
JL Sorenson Recreation Center (Herriman)
Magna Recreation Center (Magna)
Millcreek Recreation Center (Millcreek City)
Northwest Recreation Center (Salt Lake City)
SLC Sports Complex (Salt Lake City)
South Jordan Fitness and Aquatic Center (South Jordan)
Taylorsville Recreation Center (Taylorsville)
Other Upcoming Openings:
Acord Ice Center (West Valley City) - June 10
Gene Fullmer (West Jordan) - June 15
Draper Recreation Center (Draper) - July 1
Select Outdoor Pools - July 1
Holladay Lions Recreation Center (Holladay) - July 13
Openings are determined based upon staffing, and health order directives related to amenities. Updates will be provided as plans are finalized.
Effective June 1, 2020:
- Annual passes will be extended 75 days from their expiration.
- All monthly passes will be extended to June 30, 2020.
- Automatic payments for Easy Pay pass holders will resume on their usual date.
- Patrons who have a monthly pass at a center that is still closed:
- Your pass will be honored at any open recreation center until your center reopens and the above extensions will apply.
- If you choose to not use your pass during this time, your pass will be extended once your center reopens.
Programs & Events
6/5/20 - Wheeler Sunday Market will return on June 7 with modified operations.
We are still determining appropriate openings for youth and adult sports programming, childcare, and summer camps.
5/22 - County parks, trails, and Wheeler Farm are open to the public. Due to the evolving nature of health status across the county, please note that parks may fall under different categories in the State's Utah Together Plan, which may effect available amenities.
If you plan to visit your local park, please follow these tips to do so safely:
- Stay home if you are feeling ill or exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- Observe the CDC’s minimum social distancing recommendation of keeping at least 6 feet from people outside of your household at all times.
- Face coverings are encouraged for high risk individuals or if you cannot socially distance.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
- Pack out what you pack in to help maintain the safety of Park staff.