If you plan to visit your local park, please follow these tips to do so safely:
- Stay home if you are feeling ill or exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- Observe the CDC’s minimum social distancing recommendation of keeping at least 6 feet from people outside of your household at all times.
- Face coverings are encouraged, especially for high risk individuals or if you cannot socially distance.
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
- Pack out what you pack in to help maintain the safety of Park staff.
View current color-coded phase areas under Utah's Health Guidance System.
Amenities in Yellow Phase Areas
The following amenities will be open with social distancing requirements.
- Dog parks
- Skate parks
- Open fields
- Sport courts open for both individual and team use
- Athletic fields
- Playgrounds and surfaces
- Groups of 50 or fewer allowed while following current health department guidelines and maintaining 6 feet of social distancing between households
Splash pads and water fountains currently remain off.
Amenities in Orange Phase Areas
The following amenities are open with social distancing requirements:
- Walking paths and trails
- Sport courts open for individual and household use only
- Baseball/softball fields open for drop-in practice only on a first-come first-served basis
- Do not allow children on public playgrounds
- Team sports are prohibited
- Sports practices are allowed if individuals can maintain a 10 foot distance and there is no direct contact between players
- Groups of 20 or fewer allowed while following current health department guidelines and maintaining 6 feet of social distancing between households